Top end gaskets

4 replies to this topic
  • 04WR450man

Posted August 31, 2010 - 03:42 AM

Hi,

I will be doing my top end soon, are any of the gaskets re-usable or do I need to buy a kit, and if so OE ones are very very expensive here, can anyone recommend quality pattern parts?

Many thanks :bonk:

• GCannon

Posted August 31, 2010 - 08:02 AM

the only reusable gasket is the valve cover gasket (which does not come with the kit). If you buy a aftermarket gasket set you will not get any o-rings for the coolant passages. if your going to get aftermarket gaskets I suggest Cometic since i just bought the Moose Racing kit and the base gasket is looking a little whimpy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 31, 2010 - 10:27 AM

+2 on that. Cometic or OEM are the only consistent quality sets you can get.

Only reuse gasket made of rubber.
Metal or fiber should be replaced. This does not mean they will not work, it means they probably will not.

• 04WR450man

Posted August 31, 2010 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for the replies! I will get some ordered :bonk:

Trev.

• L. Euler

Posted September 02, 2010 - 10:25 AM

Also ensure that you follow the OEM head bolt torquing procedure exactly.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.