03-05 versus 06-09 Cylinder head?

2 replies to this topic
  • offshore1v

Posted August 30, 2010 - 06:02 PM

I am in the unfortunate predicament of needing to replace the head assbly of my 07' 450- Cam journal on intake cam is out of round & bearings are suspect on cam. I see on ebay a hefty difference in price between year designations.

I would suspect they are not interchangeable- but thought it best to ask here before assuming.

Is the earlier style usable? - and if so
1)what are the differences in the earlier vs. the later models and
2)what else needs to be changed to make it work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted August 30, 2010 - 06:58 PM

The oil passages where changed for one. Unfortunately, you can't make the old head fit on the newer engine. Check ebay, I see heads on there quite often, just know that you will probably have to go through it before you use it.

• rubbersdown

Posted August 31, 2010 - 07:59 AM

PM'd you

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.