Where to buy Lucas Oil?

14 replies to this topic
  • CRFracer23

Posted August 30, 2010 - 11:31 AM

I have a 09 yz450 and have been using yamalube since I got it. Where can I buy Lucas Oil motorcycle oil online. No one in my are has it. Thanks!

• Steel Panther

Posted August 30, 2010 - 11:53 AM

amsoil.com :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2010 - 12:24 PM

Oh, you're a funny one. :bonk:

Amsoil is my recommendation, too, but that wasn't the question. Frankly, I wouldn't use Lucas because of its tendency to foam, but it's not my decision.

• crf450319

Posted August 30, 2010 - 12:26 PM

Run Amsoil...

• tech24

Posted August 30, 2010 - 01:20 PM

might be able to find what you are looking for here: http://www.jpcycles....cle oil&Ntk=All

I like aimsoil too :bonk:

• crf450319

Posted August 30, 2010 - 02:17 PM

Or here :

http://www.buylucaso...sp?itemid=10720

• JKL1960

Posted August 30, 2010 - 02:36 PM

Stick with the Yamalube. It's a top notch oil.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • holker1

Posted August 30, 2010 - 07:00 PM

Try NAPA

• ericyzf4

Posted September 02, 2010 - 09:37 AM

Autozone and O'reilly

• Polar_Bus

Posted September 02, 2010 - 02:48 PM

I find it so amusing that people go so out of their way to purchase off brand bling race oil. Can anyone here honestly attribute Yamalube to blowing and engine warranting the need for a "better" oil ? I've been running Yamalube semi-syn since 04 both in summer and winter, never had a single issue. The best bonus using Yamalube ? It's right on the shelf 15 min. away from my house at my local dealer.

• grayracer513

Posted September 02, 2010 - 03:10 PM

Can anyone here honestly attribute Yamalube to blowing and engine warranting the need for a "better" oil ?

Yes, on one occasion, the oil was a suspect. It wasn't new, but it appeared to have failed

The best bonus using Yamalube ? It's right on the shelf 15 min. away from my house at my local dealer.

Apart from being a better oil, and costing less than a comparable Yamalube product, 15 minutes is way out of the way. Amsoil brings it to me. :bonk:

• Steel Panther

Posted September 02, 2010 - 03:28 PM

I find it so amusing that people go so out of their way to purchase off brand bling race oil. Can anyone here honestly attribute Yamalube to blowing and engine warranting the need for a "better" oil ? I've been running Yamalube semi-syn since 04 both in summer and winter, never had a single issue. The best bonus using Yamalube ? It's right on the shelf 15 min. away from my house at my local dealer.

The best part about amsoil, apart from being a better oil, is that I can be a dealer for 6 months free and buy it under retail, and it also comes to me!

• Polar_Bus

Posted September 02, 2010 - 05:10 PM

Yes, on one occasion, the oil was a suspect. It wasn't new, but it appeared to have failedApart from being a better oil, and costing less than a comparable Yamalube product, 15 minutes is way out of the way. Amsoil brings it to me. :bonk:

Am I understanding you correctly when you say "Amsoil brings it to me" meaning you have a Amsoil sponsorship of some sort ? Sorry, wrong reason to be throwing out positive plugs for Amsoil. Lot of snowmobilers like Amsoil, many snowmobilers say the stuff is junk, I guess simply all your personall preference. Lastly if your Yamalube failed, it was contaminated with water or contaminated with metal filings, not simply a sub par lubricant. This are my opinions, and i'm stickin' to em! :foul:

• grayracer513

Posted September 02, 2010 - 08:35 PM

Am I understanding you correctly when you say "Amsoil brings it to me" meaning you have a Amsoil sponsorship of some sort ?

Nope. I signed up as a preferred customer, and buy it online. It's delivered to my door step

Lastly if your Yamalube failed, it was contaminated with water or contaminated with metal filings, not simply a sub par lubricant.

The engine in question had a functional oil pump, and oil was present at the site of the failure (crankshaft on a 4 cylinder). The oil was obviously contaminated with metallic debris since there was a shaft/bearing failure, but the oil analysis that was done revealed that the oil was badly oxidized, and was at the lower edge of SAE 30 as tested (it was supposed to be a 40). As the clearances of the crank were known to have been correct, no other cause for the failure was ever found.

YamaLube is not made by Yamaha, but I imagine you knew that. Depending on which country you buy it in, it comes from about 3 different refiners/blenders world-wide. It has been supplied to Yamaha by at least 3 different companies in my time in the sport, making it a little difficult to say exactly what it is we're talking about. The very latest iteration of YL seem to be a fairly big improvement, though, but most other good oils have done so, too.

• Gerry B

Posted September 04, 2010 - 03:12 PM

I've been running Lucas Semi synthetic 10/40 in my 2010 YZ450 with no problems. The only reason I run Lucas is because I get it for free. Seems to be OK. I ride only motocross at high rpm's and change every 2 rides.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.