2010 YZ450F Aftermarket Plastic Kits

12 replies to this topic
  • 95s10nj

Posted August 30, 2010 - 11:06 AM

Anybody using the ufo or acerbis aftermarket plastics? How's the quality and the fitment? I want to get new plastics to have when I install my graphic kit but i'm a little hesitant ordering aftermarket stuff...some of the oem stuff is reasonable but the upper intake shrouds are like 55 each and the rear fender is like 40...whats your thoughts?

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2010 - 11:36 AM

Never used either on my '06's, and I don't own a '10, but the Acerbis I've used in the past has been good for the most part. Every once in a while there'd be something weird about how they made the parts, and of course you have to transfer any hardware involved, but overall OK.

Haven't used UFO. Polisport is also good though.

• rickallen124

Posted August 30, 2010 - 08:36 PM

I have the acerbis shrouds and side panels, the main difference is that it doesn't have the raised textured material on the black parts. I also have a rear fender which I haven't put on because the piece that is rivited to the stock rear fender doesn't come with the acerbis fender. There are a lot more little parts involved on the 10 plastic than previous models.

• moto278

Posted August 31, 2010 - 04:26 AM

i have heard of one piece shrouds for the 10. anyone use these? or seen them?

• 95s10nj

Posted August 31, 2010 - 07:54 AM

i have heard of one piece shrouds for the 10. anyone use these? or seen them?

Cycra made some that were on Grant Langston's bike at the nationals but when I called they said they were just in the developmental stage and not available to the public.

• 95s10nj

Posted August 31, 2010 - 07:59 AM

I have the acerbis shrouds and side panels, the main difference is that it doesn't have the raised textured material on the black parts. I also have a rear fender which I haven't put on because the piece that is rivited to the stock rear fender doesn't come with the acerbis fender. There are a lot more little parts involved on the 10 plastic than previous models.

I noticed that Acerbis sells the shock cover/mud flap separately but how does it attach...rivets just like the factory? seems odd they would make something like that...

http://www.motosport...atalogId=118550

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted August 31, 2010 - 09:23 AM

I have Acerbis shrouds on my 06, the fit is good and the color is spot on but they don't hold the metal spacers as well as the stockers did.

• rickallen124

Posted August 31, 2010 - 12:56 PM

I noticed that Acerbis sells the shock cover/mud flap separately but how does it attach...rivets just like the factory? seems odd they would make something like that...

http://www.motosport...atalogId=118550

Yeah, rivets just like the factory. By time you buy that piece plus the rear fender and rivet it it costs the same as oem.

• moto278

Posted August 31, 2010 - 06:17 PM

are the oem pieces attatched or separate? also, stock they are riveted together, is it possible to replace rivets with similar size bolts?

• pcoakle1

Posted September 01, 2010 - 06:42 AM

I had UFO plastics on my '03 CR250. Fit was fine, but the plastic finish was not quite as good as stock. But considerably cheaper when compared to stock.

I know you're asking specifically about your '10 YZ, but just giving my 2 cents on quality of the UFO plastics...

• rickallen124

Posted September 01, 2010 - 07:35 PM

are the oem pieces attatched or separate? also, stock they are riveted together, is it possible to replace rivets with similar size bolts?

When you order the oem rear fender the shock guard is already attached, all you have to do is take the mud gaurd off the old one and attach it to the new one. Yes the stock rear fender is rivited to the shock guard and they are pretty small.

• almostinvincible119

Posted September 04, 2010 - 11:39 PM

Polisport FTW

• Camrose Cycle

Posted September 05, 2010 - 08:44 AM

I just got my polisport plastic in. It looks good other than the fact it came with blue side panels. Oh well, i just use the stock white ones instead.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.