2010 yz450f woods setup?

36 replies to this topic
  • cattledog924

Posted September 03, 2010 - 02:08 AM

What do you think about dead engine starting this bike for a race?

• tech24

Posted September 03, 2010 - 04:13 AM

I think that will be tough. Me and others have trouble starting these things with hot engine in gear. But once you get used to it and crack the throttle a little it will fire and go on first kick. With an auto clutch it would be even easier I would imagine.

• cowboyona426

Posted September 03, 2010 - 07:06 AM

Get a Dyna Ring for 400 bucks and you will think you died and when to heaven !1 Man they work good for any bike !!

What in the world is a dyna ring?

• tech24

Posted September 03, 2010 - 07:24 AM

was wondering the same thing so I had to look

http://www.revloc.co...id/10/DynaRing/

• tech24

Posted September 03, 2010 - 07:32 AM

I think I might have to get one

60plus do you have one?

• cowboyona426

Posted September 03, 2010 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for the link tech24.

• tech24

Posted September 03, 2010 - 07:54 AM

np I'm very interested in this device. Guess its about the same as the rekluse trail model thats coming out. Sorry to stray from subject but does an auto clutch affect performance during MX riding?

• grayracer513

Posted September 03, 2010 - 07:57 AM

I don't know much about the Dyna Ring, but it seems to me that it would require the removal of 2 of each clutch plate to make room for it. If true, I have to wonder what that will do to the holding power and longevity(?)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted September 03, 2010 - 08:40 AM

I don't know much about the Dyna Ring, but it seems to me that it would require the removal of 2 of each clutch plate to make room for it. If true, I have to wonder what that will do to the holding power and longevity(?)

I was wondering about this myself. It looks a lot like the rekluse trail model which isn't out yet so can't get any reviews on that either.

• tech24

Posted September 03, 2010 - 11:08 AM

Just found a review of dyna ring vs zstart and zstart pro

http://www.thumperta...ghlight=rekluse

• 450F777

Posted November 10, 2010 - 10:32 PM

The Revloc Dyna ring works excellent on technical mountain trails, I put one in my 06 YZ450F.
Before the bike was geared as low as possible at 12 / 52 a torque monster but going up steep trails, around trees, over rocks, roots, etc. was work, now it just walks up the nasty sections like a trials bike, no stalls, spin or wheelies, it feathers the clutch perfectly and is modulated by the amount of engine rpm applied, an amazing device ! :p

Edited by 450F777, November 13, 2010 - 10:47 PM.

• whiskey wheelie

Posted November 11, 2010 - 08:24 AM

I have no problem starting it in 2nd with the clutch in.. If you have to run to your bike.. best just keep it in neutral.. if you learn to start it... she'll fire on the first kick. BTW... if you wonder if this is a good cross country/hare scramble bike... It won the 2010 West National Hare scramble championship.. Brian Garrahan has been flawless on a yz450... Youll need that bigger tank and a quick fill system. Theres a place here in sacramento that just started building a quick fill cap and a quick fill gas cap type thing that threads right onto your standard mx fuel tank.. looks pretty trick and its cheap. The cap for your bike was like 17 bucks. This is just an option if you dont want to spend $400+ on the regular quick fill systems. I also just got my Suspension revalved by WR1... going to hangtown mx today to break it in.. its valved for CC though. Hopefully I will like.

• grunkthump

Posted November 11, 2010 - 01:30 PM

besides Garrahan the ENTIRE Am-pro yamaha squad is now on 2010yzf450's...and they are LOVIN IT!!

• grayracer513

Posted November 11, 2010 - 02:11 PM

I do it all the time. First kick, I'm out. See ya :p

• falkz89

Posted August 28, 2012 - 04:36 PM

Back on topic, does anyone know what flywheel weights are available for the 2010 YZ450F? I'm having a bit of trouble finding different ones. I see the steahly 9oz glue on type, but since I'm in Australia that's no good for me. The only other one I've found is the GYTR 4.4oz one. Do they make a heavier one too? To me it seems a bit light, but I don't know much about flywheel weights. Will that be heavy enough to sort out my constant low speed stalling issues?

Cheers, Marc

• falkz89

Posted August 28, 2012 - 04:47 PM

I managed to answer my own question after reading one of Grayracers posts! I see the inertia mass would actually make it more effective, even though it's lighter. I'll definitely be investing in the GYTR flywheel

• poppa

Posted August 29, 2012 - 05:54 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Imageheres a good start,i think, it's an 11, big front brake, skid plate, dif. gears, custom seat foam, IMS 2.6 tank, renthal twinwall bars with cycra probends mounted to the top clamp, sub mounted scotts stabilizer, with moouse bibbs in the front and back. This is what we run, thats visible. Suspension and mapping change accordingly. Wear a good helmet too, and ride BLUE!!!!!!

Edited by poppa, August 31, 2012 - 09:56 AM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.