Question about EFI maps

2 replies to this topic
  • m818m

Posted August 29, 2010 - 07:24 AM

Caution!!

These are the settings from the article, which means I now need to find the original source for all maps I have programmed in to make sure I got it right..

Posted Image

Please add throttle openings to maps so we dont program things upside down

Posted Image

Can someone please explain. I borrowed a tuner and put the map in that gave less low bark and more top end. Tuner read map 5 when i set it. Am I correct? I tuned as the #'s were listed, in the same order. This post seems to turn/flip the list in a different order????????????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 29, 2010 - 07:59 AM

Except for the maps posted by Skotten, all of them that I have seen have been oriented the same as the tuner screen; highest throttle openings on the top row, lowest on the bottom. Skotten's are the only two I've seen written the other way around.

Unless some person has taken the tuner out of the box before you got it, there are no maps stored in it at all when it's new. The first one you save will be your map #1, and it will ID the subsequent maps in order likewise. If yours came pre-loaded, there's no telling what "map #5" would be except to read it, as far as I know.

• m818m

Posted August 29, 2010 - 10:54 PM

Thanks....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.