Flywheel?

1 reply to this topic
  • Blake_Fisher

Posted February 10, 2001 - 03:32 PM

Hi,

I put the 13 front tooth that you guys said to put on and it worked really good. I hear of a lot of people putting flywheel weights on their bikes. What exactly will this do to your bike. More torque?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EMARacing

Posted February 11, 2001 - 04:34 AM

I put a 14oz flywheel weight on my 00 and it helps make the starting a lot easier and also prevents stalling. I also went with a 13 tooth countershaft sproket and love this combo. I race hare scrambles, but also found this combo works really good for me on MX tracks. It seemed to put the bike in a more usable power range for me. Down here in Tx, by San Antonio there is this killer track called VP (they are going to have a 4-stroke national there this summer). It's VP fuel's test track. Anyway there are some really big jumps/jump combos that I had a hard time doing with the stock gearing. With the new gearing and flywheel I now jump everything on the track including a big uphill double step-up, triple double combo, and an 80' double in the back. Not too bad for some off road guy.

I also saw that Garret and someone else from the Houston area might want to try a hare scramble. Come on out, you will have a blast and meet some terrific people. It's by far the best series in the state. Just ask SUnruh.

------------------
John E. Walker

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.