front brake locked up?

3 replies to this topic
  • jecole360

Posted August 28, 2010 - 05:26 PM

My front brake loked up on me today while riding. I have an 02 YZ 426. I posted "front brake locking up" in the general dirtbike section. If anybody has any info can you please let me know.

• aakmetz

Posted August 28, 2010 - 05:42 PM

see my post, i think it's a faulty hose. the inner part collapsed and won't let the fluid flow back to the M/C. usually happens in the bends of the hose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 28, 2010 - 10:44 PM

This is usually caused by an incorrect brake lever, or an incorrect adjustment on the lever reach adjuster screw, or some other fault that will not allow the master cylinder piston to return completely. If the piston fails to return fully, the fill port never opens, and fluid is trapped in the system. When it expands with heat it applies the brake.

• Polar_Bus

Posted August 30, 2010 - 07:02 AM

My front brake loked up on me today while riding. I have an 02 YZ 426. I posted "front brake locking up" in the general dirtbike section. If anybody has any info can you please let me know.

You may also have excessive mositure built up in your brake fluid, which then causes corrosion to build up inside the caliper piston bore, which then jams the piston, and locks the caliper. The only way to correct this is a caliper teardown, and take some fine emry cloth and some oil and hone out the corrosion.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.