Blocked AP nozzle

3 replies to this topic
  • darky82

Posted August 28, 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hay still haleav trouble with my 98 wr400 took it for a ride today went around the block and on three occasions it went fine for a bit than started to choke and then started popping than dies, leave it for two min fire it back up and same thing all jets seem clear but i got no fuel getting from AP pump to the AP nozzle in behind the throttle slide. How can i clean this out tryed a small needle in the nozzle but i cant get up all the way from the pump side there is a 45deg bend ??????:bonk:

• William1

Posted August 28, 2010 - 11:16 AM

Use a piece of nylon (not steel) guitar string or fishing line.

Some have use a small syringe filled with solvent to pressurize the nozzle and blow the debris out. Wear safety glasses.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • darky82

Posted August 28, 2010 - 11:21 AM

Thanks will give it a go..

• darky82

Posted August 28, 2010 - 06:54 PM

Great worked a treat thakns. Had trouble getting it to squirt had to join the black plastic arm to the metal forked linkage bit with an o ring to get it to pull together, goes great pulls hard down low. Not sure if im missing some thing from the linkage any one have a 98 wr400 pic??:D:bonk::foul:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.