SSR 125, Need Performance Upgrades

8 replies to this topic
  • ll5MAV9ll

Posted August 28, 2010 - 08:14 AM

SSR 125cc B2 Plus, what are some upgrades that i can get to improve my take off(acceleration) and power.

this is some info about the bike

http://www.tboltusa....bike-p-205.html

• motocross77

Posted August 28, 2010 - 11:25 AM

bigger rear sprocket, smaller front sprocket, inner rotor kit, big bore.

• ll5MAV9ll

Posted August 28, 2010 - 12:15 PM

how much of a difference will these mods make? i dont really need more top end speed, i need more acceleration but it wouldnt hurt to have both =)

• Siik23

Posted August 28, 2010 - 12:35 PM

what exactly does an inner rotor kit Do? are they easy to install?

• motocross77

Posted August 28, 2010 - 01:27 PM

well the bigger rear will give you more acceleration. The inner rotor kit will give you much better throttle response and acceleration. Also they are pretty easy to install. And the big bore will give you more power. I would do the sprockets first. good luck!

• foxman4206

Posted May 07, 2012 - 09:24 PM

The stock sorockets are actually the best ratio . I'd personally even go down on the rear now .. but to optimize performance I put a higher output Slator, CDI & Coil . Don't forget the oil cooler or you might be having overheating problems . That is if your over 150-160lbs . All in around 300 bucks , I also put a larger silencer because the stock one seems to restrict flow a bit .

They have big valve and head kits for stock 125cc zongshen and 4 valve bolt up 150-160 motors . Of course you get what you pay for . Don't skimp on the oil cooler , if you decide to maximize performance , my ssr temp exceeded 210' F and that was enough to draw the line .

Another tip , Micheline Starcross tires are the top dog

• JRAD215

Posted June 26, 2013 - 04:09 PM

If I add a 16t front sprocket do I need a longer chain?

• Rangerscott

Posted June 28, 2013 - 01:57 PM

Youre gonna lose acceleratuon with a bigger front sprocket. Also you want small valves for torque and big valves for more top end speed.

• Dirt Racer

Posted June 29, 2013 - 09:34 AM

210 seems extremely low temp compared to what most air cooled motorcycle motors run, I've read that normal operating temps for motorcycle air cooled engines are from 250 to 300 degrees in the head and 200 to 230 degrees in the crankcase.

The stock sorockets are actually the best ratio . I'd personally even go down on the rear now .. but to optimize performance I put a higher output Slator, CDI & Coil . Don't forget the oil cooler or you might be having overheating problems . That is if your over 150-160lbs . All in around 300 bucks , I also put a larger silencer because the stock one seems to restrict flow a bit .
They have big valve and head kits for stock 125cc zongshen and 4 valve bolt up 150-160 motors . Of course you get what you pay for . Don't skimp on the oil cooler , if you decide to maximize performance , my ssr temp exceeded 210' F and that was enough to draw the line .

Another tip , Micheline Starcross tires are the top dog

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.