250F vs 450F

5 replies to this topic
  • B86_Racer

Posted June 22, 2003 - 06:26 PM

Well, I'm not sure which forum I should be posting this in so, I'm going to post it in both of them.

I am wanting to get a 4 stroke bike and I just sold my CR125. I am in between getting a CRF450R and a YZ250F. Brand really isn't that big of a deal here, it's just that I would like to know your personal preference as to what you would like to have. I race the hare scrambles in Texas.. :)

• wrkaholic

Posted June 22, 2003 - 06:33 PM

That is kind of an off comparison. You should compare the
CRF450 against the YZ450F or the WR450F, or the WR426F, or the WR400F. The YZ250F will be really down on power compared to the CRF450. However, depending on your size and weight, the YZ250F might be better for you.

• B86_Racer

Posted June 22, 2003 - 06:35 PM

Well, I'm a big guy but I don't think that I can handle the extra power..I'll probably end up going with the 250F but thought I would see what others thought, first.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted June 22, 2003 - 06:50 PM

I have a WR450 my buddy has a WR250. I have gotten to ride his bike a couple of times. His is much lighter, and if you ride it like a 125, which your coming off of its a blast. I did get it in a sand wash and had to keep down shifting, my 450 killed the 250 there. Both are fun, and you wont be disappointed either way. The best way to see for your self is to bum a ride from a few guys if can.

• B86_Racer

Posted June 22, 2003 - 06:55 PM

Well, I do like the way the 125 rides. I'm not afraid to give it the gas and let it rip which I think I will be, with a 450. I'll see if I can't bum a few rides in the next couple of weeks (or days :) )

:D

• BrianSteele

Posted June 24, 2003 - 07:38 PM

Well i hope i dont get axed to much but im selling my wr426 and getting the new KX250F (already ordered), its lighter and more powerfull than the yz250f and that was a blast in the forest (my friends bike).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.