Acherbis 6.6 with a DRD head pipe

No replies to this topic
  • Parx_400

Posted August 27, 2010 - 08:01 AM

Hi everyone.

I got an Acherbis 6.6 gal tank for my 05 WR450 to use on my dual sport rides. Most of the time I just use my IMS tank because my bike is 90% of the time in Motard trim. I have a problem though. The Brackets that bolt to the lower frame will not work on the exhaust side when I have the DRD Full system on. The Head pipe is much closer to the Radiator hose than the stock one. Right now when I put the 6.6 tank on I just change the exhaust back to stock. I would like to figure out an option and want to know if any of you have had this problem. Here is the options I see and would like feedback.

Buy a different header (what would work with the DRD Muffler?
Have a custom bracket made
Ride the bike without the right side lower frame mount (is this possible or will it hurt something)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.