Considering dusting off the cobwebs....oldtimer thread

26 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted September 13, 2010 - 11:48 AM

Hee Heee,:ride: the incredible shrinking MX pants syndrome. Anyhoo, glad you got the magical smile back on your face. I am waiting for surgeons clearance after 1-1/2 years off, soon,my friend, soon!!!:worthy:

Bill

I know that feeling, been there done that Bill. Good luck and we all know what surgeons and cardiologist have to say about that darn MX riding Bud! :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2010 - 12:04 PM

I had an orthopedic surgeon tell me I was too old to ride, but I forgot when that was exactly.

• Aka.Goose

Posted September 13, 2010 - 04:06 PM

I had an orthopedic surgeon tell me I was too old to ride, but I forgot when that was exactly.

Lol...
I've had a disc removal, spinal fusion @ L5-S1, had many of those guys telling me "You need to change your lifestyle"...My answer? "Not until it's a complete physical impossibility"
Some days I catch decent air (70ft or so)...Some days I use a cane...lol

GA426, glad your back into living to the fullest!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aka.Goose

Posted September 13, 2010 - 04:18 PM

Respect to guys like "sneipfmx" on here...
And guys like this:

• jayh300

Posted September 14, 2010 - 08:25 AM

Lol...
I've had a disc removal, spinal fusion @ L5-S1, had many of those guys telling me "You need to change your lifestyle"...My answer? "Not until it's a complete physical impossibility"
Some days I catch decent air (70ft or so)...Some days I use a cane...lol

GA426, glad your back into living to the fullest!

agreed goose... i am a c1-c2 fusion guy....broken collar bone.. and just getting over a broken fibula..
one of our friends asked if i was still gonna ride ...
the wife replied "if a broken neck didn't stop him, i doubt a broken ankle will"
good girl.....:ride:

• Wiz636

Posted September 14, 2010 - 02:50 PM

You are not old until you stop doing the the things that you love...

• Florida_426

Posted September 14, 2010 - 06:16 PM

Surprisingly my surgeon does not have a problem with my racing and riding:thumbsup:. I have a good relationship with him and he helps me with my recovery and staying in reasonable shape.

I too am waiting for some cooler temps here and may ride some practice even though I am probably a few months away from my release. It is just too long away from our sport for my feeble brain.

Bill:banana:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.