Considering dusting off the cobwebs....oldtimer thread

26 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 27, 2010 - 06:05 AM

Well, after much thought and a offer to ride again I may clean off the mold and mildew on a certain 06 bike and see if I can even squeeze my butt cheeks enough to fit into my 3 year old gear and see if I can keep it in a straight line for a few laps this weekend. The southern heat has broken and cooler temps are on the way. Been way over a year since I even been on a motorcycle
So my question is this....how do you clean and oil a airfilter? I forgot...old age and lack of brain cells have caused me to be forgetful...:bonk::smirk::foul:

• crf450319

Posted August 27, 2010 - 07:59 AM

Sh*t !! Hook, line and sinker on that one !!

Edited by crf450319, August 27, 2010 - 12:31 PM.

• patrickincc

Posted August 27, 2010 - 08:36 AM

Hey, i am 47, my buddy 48, and thats what we recently did and am having a blast doing so. Just be safe, ride within your limits, and you will be loving life once again. Rock On!

• Ga426owner

Posted August 27, 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hey, i am 47, my buddy 48, and thats what we recently did and am having a blast doing so. Just be safe, ride within your limits, and you will be loving life once again. Rock On!

thanks Patrick this is what I needed to see, ENCOURAGEMENT.....I really did not forget how to clean/reoil a filter....my wife is more worried than me. Go Figure :bonk:

• jayh300

Posted August 27, 2010 - 10:52 AM

thanks Patrick this is what I needed to see, ENCOURAGEMENT.....I really did not forget how to clean/reoil a filter....my wife is more worried than me. Go Figure :foul:

figured you were joking.......cant believe you have been off it a year..
so as a 47 yr old in an ortho boot from the wr 450.......have fun..
don't forget your header may glow red...
make sure and use the right kind of oil....
all the important stuff...:bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted August 27, 2010 - 11:38 AM

You youngsters crack me up sometimes.:bonk:

• gasnit

Posted August 27, 2010 - 01:57 PM

I have been feeling old and beat down recently, but I went to the mx track last week for the first time in 8/9yrs...There was a gentleman there riding, turns out he was born in 1934....

• steve_97060

Posted August 27, 2010 - 03:23 PM

Well, after much thought and a offer to ride again I may clean off the mold and mildew on a certain 06 bike and see if I can even squeeze my butt cheeks enough to fit into my 3 year old gear and see if I can keep it in a straight line for a few laps this weekend. The southern heat has broken and cooler temps are on the way. Been way over a year since I even been on a motorcycle
So my question is this....how do you clean and oil a airfilter? I forgot...old age and lack of brain cells have caused me to be forgetful...:bonk::smirk::foul:

so why have you been off the bike for so long? get back on that thing and ride...

• Ga426owner

Posted August 29, 2010 - 07:44 AM

so why have you been off the bike for so long? get back on that thing and ride...

well this is a long story....
but here is the condensed version :D

Divorce and heart attack in 2001, been on all kind of meds since - still raced/rode until 1.2 yrs ago when I was diagnosed with a quarter size blod clot in my heart, put on Cumaden, told not to ride by my cardiologist....and during all this drama, my wife and I had our first child/daughter that just turned 2. Clot in heart is gone, still on cumaden soon to be plavix and tired of lack of dirt riding...been on bicycle but, no comparison and zero adrenlin rush! :foul:

Time to get dirty, not ride over my head and use some MX muscles that have not been active for a while - thanks guys for the encouragement :bonk:

• Ga426owner

Posted August 29, 2010 - 07:45 AM

You youngsters crack me up sometimes.:foul:

you are my hero old friend! :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 29, 2010 - 08:10 AM

you are my hero old friend! :bonk:

:foul:

• Polar_Bus

Posted August 29, 2010 - 12:05 PM

Whats up "old-n-bold" ? Have not seen you around here lately now I know why.

Need a good tip from an ol' bastage like me ?

Vasaline to prevent monkey butt ! :lol:

well this is a long story....
but here is the condensed version :D

Divorce and heart attack in 2001, been on all kind of meds since - still raced/rode until 1.2 yrs ago when I was diagnosed with a quarter size blod clot in my heart, put on Cumaden, told not to ride by my cardiologist....and during all this drama, my wife and I had our first child/daughter that just turned 2. Clot in heart is gone, still on cumaden soon to be plavix and tired of lack of dirt riding...been on bicycle but, no comparison and zero adrenlin rush! :foul:

Time to get dirty, not ride over my head and use some MX muscles that have not been active for a while - thanks guys for the encouragement :bonk:

• Ryan426

Posted August 29, 2010 - 12:12 PM

I ride with this one guy who is 76 and rides a WR250. He's pretty fast too on the single track stuff.

• Polar_Bus

Posted August 29, 2010 - 04:06 PM

I ride with this one guy who is 76 and rides a WR250. He's pretty fast too on the single track stuff.

Just because we are old, doesn't mean were not fast, it just means were fast for a very short period of time.. :bonk:

• jenkins525

Posted August 29, 2010 - 04:15 PM

hey man, i just dusted off all my gear and replaced what had deterioted in the atic.
I'm 50 and have been off for 6yrs,3 months, and 15days. I bought a new yz450f and took it to Meunster Texas for a all day session. I have 22 screws and 3 plates from way back then. I cant stay off any longer.........the ride was great :bonk: ...I'm back....and the bike is great. I bought the race tuner and tuned it down for the woods and WOW great bike. Be safe and stop if you get tired. Have fun.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 30, 2010 - 04:54 AM

Whats up "old-n-bold" ? Have not seen you around here lately now I know why.

Need a good tip from an ol' bastage like me ?

Vasaline to prevent monkey butt ! :bonk:

thanks for the tushy tip PB:thumbsup:

• Florida_426

Posted September 03, 2010 - 04:09 PM

I wondered where you had been lately. We expect a full ride report when you can wipe the grin off long enough.:bonk:

Bill

• jcm3

Posted September 08, 2010 - 03:26 PM

Step 1, remove old air filter.

Step 2, grab a beer.

Step 3, I kinda liked Step 2.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 12, 2010 - 11:12 AM

I wondered where you had been lately. We expect a full ride report when you can wipe the grin off long enough.:worthy:

Bill

My Damn pants shrank, no I got daddy gut! :banghead:
funny how it all comes back so fast, well honestly it was a little intimidating but after a couple hours and about 15 laps I think I was close to my old speed. Still too darn hot but hopefully a couple more weeks will bring us some cooler temps..I was smiling for a long time...and that night still making laps in my head. :ride:

• Florida_426

Posted September 12, 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hee Heee,:ride: the incredible shrinking MX pants syndrome. Anyhoo, glad you got the magical smile back on your face. I am waiting for surgeons clearance after 1-1/2 years off, soon,my friend, soon!!!:banghead:

Bill

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.