2003 WR450f Starter Problem, Anyone have a Fix?

1 reply to this topic
  • eman_wr450

Posted August 26, 2010 - 11:27 AM

I purchased a used 2003 wr450f knowing it had a history of starter problems, the battery was dead when i got it so i had to kick start it. Once i replaced the battery and tried to start it the electric starter made a horred noise as it tried to start i dont know what exactly is wrong and needs to be replaced, it kick starts but i would like to have a good working electric start. Someone please help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted August 26, 2010 - 11:36 AM

i got my starter real hot one weekend and it sounded really bad.. i took it off and took it to an automotive starter shop and it was the rear bushing out.. a good cleaning and a new bushing and it is fine...
make sure you mark the starter when you take it off.. if they reassemble it backwards (center part of starter) it will turn backwards..
lh engine side cover has to come off to get the starter out.. not a bad job..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.