buying from motorcyclebrokers.com(NOTADVERTISEMENT)

7 replies to this topic
  • yamahasocal450

Posted June 22, 2003 - 01:41 PM

im getting kind of fed up with this red sticker crap so i think im going to buy my next bike from motorcyclebrokers.com...so has anyone bought something from him in california and got the green sticker... and the dmv keeps reissuing you green stickers instead of just stopping... is it a safe-proof plan that won't fail and leave me stranded in this cess pool of CARB bills that is starting to effect the emission requirements on cooking on your bbq :D just any info is appreciated thanks a lot :) :D :D

• yamahasocal450

Posted June 22, 2003 - 04:15 PM

bump :)

• Gadsen

Posted June 22, 2003 - 04:47 PM

im getting kind of fed up with this red sticker crap so i think im going to buy my next bike from motorcyclebrokers.com...so has anyone bought something from him in california and got the green sticker... and the dmv keeps reissuing you green stickers instead of just stopping... is it a safe-proof plan that won't fail and leave me stranded in this cess pool of CARB bills that is starting to effect the emission requirements on cooking on your bbq :) just any info is appreciated thanks a lot :D :D :D

One of my co-riders just bought a 2003 KX 250 for $3799. He is out of Canada, it was still in the crate. He ships for under $200, but being as we are in Washington, he just drove and met him in Bellingham Washington. Now it was brand new, but he had to title it as used and of course, had to assemble it himself. He still has 300+ of these, of ocurse, your looking for somethign different, but you may ask him.

• RPS

Posted June 22, 2003 - 06:28 PM

If you buy a canadian bike and try to reg it in CA you won't be able to. I have a friend who bought one. Got it registered with a green sticker at the local dmv. Four weeks later he got a letter from DMV saying to surrender his title and regestration. At this point they won't even give him a red sticker. No reg period... He had to sell the bike out of state. If you want, I have a copy of the letter from DMV and I will fax it to you. Also, with all of the Canadian bikes that have been brought in the last few years we need to be careful about buying used bikes as well in the Republic of Kalifornia. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GrahamO

Posted June 23, 2003 - 05:13 AM

My 01 WR426 was Canadian and green stickered in CA.

MotorcycleBrokers seem to be up to speed on CARB requirements for CA and will provide an out of state title for an extra $99. Give them a call. If people are having a hard time registering their bikes in CA, they'll have heard about it.

I'm thinking of getting a wr450 from these guys so I can get a green sticker. I'd love to hear how your deal turns out.

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 24, 2003 - 12:29 AM

One of my co-riders just bought a 2003 KX 250 for $3799.

WOW!!!

Is this because of the exchange rate? Even w/ the exchange rate, and Canada's jacked up prices, I am having a real tough time buying this price...(???)

• Gadsen

Posted June 25, 2003 - 05:21 PM

One of my co-riders just bought a 2003 KX 250 for $3799.

WOW!!!

Is this because of the exchange rate? Even w/ the exchange rate, and Canada's jacked up prices, I am having a real tough time buying this price...(???)

Yes, I saw him at the last poker run and didnt beleive it either, so I went to the site (www.motorcycle-brokers.com) and there it was! It wasnt too long ago it was $4399, it has went down within several months.

• Poway1464

Posted June 28, 2003 - 05:30 PM

There is a guy on ebay trying to sell a Canadian bike because he can't get it registered in PRC. Believe it was an XR400 or DRZ400. He warns people from PRC not to buy it.

Out of state buyers only.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.