Wr250f starter in wr450f??

4 replies to this topic
  • a56kuser

Posted August 24, 2010 - 06:38 PM

I got a 04 450f and I bought it with the e start broken ....the only starter I see on eBay is for a 06 250f .... Just wondering if it'll work ...

On a side note is there a diagnostic I can do to see if its just my starter motor that is broken??? I heard sometimes it's just the brushes that need to be replaced

Thanks in advance

• YamaLink

Posted August 25, 2010 - 05:23 AM

I don't want to say "yeah of course it'll fit and work."
There are many possible broken parts, and I'm not quite sure what part you purchased. I'd go to http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx and see if they are at least the same part number.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • a56kuser

Posted August 26, 2010 - 01:34 PM

Well i didn't purchase it yet but they are definitely different part numbers so I better lay off that purchase for now ....

Now to figure out if I need a new starter motor or not ......

• ysr50speed

Posted August 27, 2010 - 06:34 AM

hey backoff my ebay250 starter...I saw it first :foul: . I wanted to do the same thing and put it in my 450 but couldn't figure out if it would work. So I just bought a new one from the tt store. If you don't want to spend the kind of money on a new one, you can send your motor to Ricks Electric and they will rebuild it for 160ish. There is also a place online that sells refurbed ones for 180 with your core in return.

If you have a manual and volt meter, you can follow the steps in the manual. I would think if you were getting 12 volts to your starter motor when you held down the estart button and if your starter wasn't turning then I would say its your starter motor....but yet again I'm not expert here. good luck :bonk:

• a56kuser

Posted August 27, 2010 - 01:36 PM

The 250 motor is all yours buddy :bonk:

I guess I'll try diagnose the problem first ....

I don't even know what sound it makes if any cause my bike doesn't have a battery or starter button..... But I have them on order

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.