WR450F need to open up can't find kit

2 replies to this topic
  • Pinkcliff

Posted August 24, 2010 - 03:26 PM

I am looking for a Kit to open up my 2005 WR450F. THe part number is GYT-5TJ93-69-00. THe problem is they are not sold any longer. Does anyone know if the 07-09 kit will work or fit?:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 24, 2010 - 05:11 PM

You mean the AIS kit? Yes, it should work.

• wyliecoyote26

Posted August 30, 2010 - 08:20 PM

I just purchased this kit in Kelowna BC for $67.00. Shop around as you can buy this kit for $40.00 online. Make sure you screw the hose clamp on tight on the cap as it might blow off when your ripping it up in the forest (this happened to me today) If you do buy the kit I recommend you go to http://www.pegmonkey.com/node/1034 for instructions. Also you might want to leave on the steel pipe coming off the engine and into the AIS unit. I squeezed a bolt inside the rubber hose and clamped it after I lost the cap. Once you do all the mods you might find your bike is almost too powerful for trail riding. It might take a couple of days of riding to get used to it. Give yourself a day to install.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.