Best Exhaust for WR450?

6 replies to this topic
  • Poway Rider

Posted June 22, 2003 - 05:23 AM

I've got a WR450 and would like suggestions on the best after market exhaust options. I would like the noise level to be legal, but most importantly - I want the best performance at all RPM levels with minimal or no re-jetting. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 22, 2003 - 08:43 AM

My father has the FMF "Q" pipe on his 450 and really likes it, it's pretty quiet too.

• Poway Rider

Posted June 23, 2003 - 08:48 AM

Is that the same as a "FMF Powercore IV"?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • the426master

Posted June 23, 2003 - 10:03 AM

fmf is the a good buy I like the procircuit t4 :D exhaust systems :)

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 23, 2003 - 10:26 AM

Dan,
You steered me to Trickdualsport for my kit now,, What are you using for a desert tank on your WR450? I got a Ty Davis (IMS) tank and sent it back after trying to install it. I didn't like the right side fuel line right next to the exhaust pipe. Please help.
Jim

• Poway Rider

Posted June 23, 2003 - 10:54 AM

Thanks. My biggest concern is having to re-jet after installing a new exhaust. It seems that many WR450 owners have struggled with re-jetting...

• crushedreams

Posted June 23, 2003 - 04:19 PM

I have a thunder alley and it makes good power. Get the 96 db version mine is super loud.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.