1998 WR400 help me finish this bike!

2 replies to this topic
  • youthenrage

Posted August 23, 2010 - 06:54 PM

Rebuilt my 98 WR400. But i have a couple extra tubing bits in my "carb parts" box. Can anybody take a picture of their 98 WR carb showing me where these belong or confirm my guesses?

Posted Image

This looks like part number 69 in the carb parts diagram (http://www.bikebandi...wr400fk/o/m8110) Can anybody confirm and possibly post up a pic?

Posted Image
This looks like some weird coupler between two of the overflow/venting tubes that attaches to a weird clip, around #s 54 and 55 in the parts diagram. Can anybody confirm this?

Posted Image
both pieces from another angle..

Thanks guys!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kawidad

Posted August 24, 2010 - 07:09 PM

Easy. Those are the hoses that connect the hot start device to the intake manifold and carb. On the early bikes, the hot start device is not built into the carb but is separate and bolts to the frame behind the carb.

• bauten

Posted August 31, 2010 - 06:40 PM

if you want I can go out and snap a couple pics mines a 99 same carb though (I Think)
shoot me a email (goes directly to my phone) Autenbryce@gmail.com

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.