400f carb?

2 replies to this topic
  • 99DR

Posted August 22, 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hi I just got a 98 yz400f 1st thing i did was pull the carb to clean it, After cleaning it I started bike after bike was warmed up I went to adjusted the idle screw I had to turn it all the way in "till it bottomed out" to get it to idle and its a low idle that needs to be a little higher. Is there something I can do to fix this? any ideas would be appreciated thanks Roger

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DeeCee

Posted August 25, 2010 - 07:26 PM

The screw that adjusts the idle speed is in fact a knob which is found on the front left hand side of the carburettor. I suspect the screw you mention is in fact the mixture screw.

Find the knob and turn it in and raise the idle speed, then set the mixture screw.

The final idle position may require some adjustment of both to get the right solution.

• 99DR

Posted August 26, 2010 - 08:35 AM

No Im talking about the idle speed knob, not the air/fuel mixture screw. Thanks

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.