is it time to replace my clutch

2 replies to this topic
  • usaf_yz426

Posted August 22, 2010 - 05:48 PM

i have a 2000 YZ426f and when i would start the bike up in gear, with the clutch dissengaged i could feel the bike wanting to lurch foward. and if i was in nuetral i would have to blurp the throttle in order to put it in gear with out stalling it. it seemed that the clutch was a bit "grabby". i checked the adjuster on the lever and the one on the trans and they're adjusted all the way out. so i'm thinking it is time for a new clutch?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ryan426

Posted August 22, 2010 - 06:07 PM

sounds like it....

• rubbersdown

Posted August 22, 2010 - 07:58 PM

yup, new clutch and if your cable is adjusted all the way out save yourself the headache and just buy a new cable now because if its that stretched you will never get the lever play right once you put in new plates.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.