WR450 jetting Q's

67 replies to this topic
  • bushman06

Posted March 16, 2005 - 10:18 AM

No, but I have the opposite problem My Zip Ty is hard to turn. I think it is a machining tolerance issue. Send it back for a replacement unit. It should have the red knurled knob (version FS01). :)

Hey Indy,

I checked mate. I do have the one with the knurled knob. Do you think I could just have a "duff" one. I thought about callinng Zip-ty as I have the receipt and see if I could get another one sent out? I do like the ability to adjust my fuel mixture if needed. Also, thanks for your help with my jetting, with your help and the exhaust, love the way my bike runs! :p :)

• Brian M

Posted March 16, 2005 - 12:38 PM

I have done all the free mods as well as the JD jet kit. I found that the bike was running too rich at the recommended settings(blue needle clip on the 4th from the top 170 main jet). I am riding at about the 3000 ft level. I then changed the main jet back to the stock jet, but kept the JD blue needle with the clip in the fourth from the top position. The plug readings with this set up are right where they should be, and the bike pulls real hard, and keeps right on pulling even in 5th gear at full throttle. My only problem is I still get some surge when the throttle is held just off idle. Is this normal, and if not do you have any suggestions? Thanks gents.

Brian

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 16, 2005 - 01:12 PM

Hey Indy,

I checked mate. I do have the one with the knurled knob. Do you think I could just have a "duff" one. I thought about callinng Zip-ty as I have the receipt and see if I could get another one sent out? I do like the ability to adjust my fuel mixture if needed. Also, thanks for your help with my jetting, with your help and the exhaust, love the way my bike runs! :p :)

Yes you have a duffer. Send it back and they will replace it. Thread were machined to deep on yours. That is why it vibrated loose. :D You are welcome on the jetting tips. A well jetted WR just rips! :)

• beezer

Posted March 16, 2005 - 01:14 PM

Brian I would try opening up the fuel screw and see if that helps.

If its an 05 getting rid of the AIS octopus helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foxtailleader

Posted March 20, 2005 - 08:56 AM

Count me in.........................:)

Can we pre-order ? the green stuff might increase the motivation level.......l

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 21, 2005 - 05:51 AM

I have done all the free mods as well as the JD jet kit. I found that the bike was running too rich at the recommended settings(blue needle clip on the 4th from the top 170 main jet). I am riding at about the 3000 ft level. I then changed the main jet back to the stock jet, but kept the JD blue needle with the clip in the fourth from the top position. The plug readings with this set up are right where they should be, and the bike pulls real hard, and keeps right on pulling even in 5th gear at full throttle. My only problem is I still get some surge when the throttle is held just off idle. Is this normal, and if not do you have any suggestions? Thanks gents.

Brian

What Pilot are you using? :) Put in a 48 if you are on the stock that will make the 1/8 throttle work well. :)

• Brian M

Posted March 21, 2005 - 12:48 PM

Indy,
Thanks, I will give that a try.
Brian

• waterdog3

Posted April 19, 2005 - 10:16 AM

Keep It Going

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.