Scotts Stabilizer mounting question/problem 07 to 08 450

13 replies to this topic
  • HONDA NO MORE

Posted August 21, 2010 - 05:31 PM

I just upgraded to an 08 450 from my trusty 07, I went to put my Scotts stabilizer off of my 07 onto my new 08 and the bolt on frame post mount wouldn't fit over the top of the steering head on the frame. Does anyone know if the kits are different or if I just need to file a little bit of my frame off (casting marks etc) to get this mount to fit? I found out also that the under bar mount that bolts to the triple clamp will not work on an 08 either, its offset by about 4 or 5 mm.

• grayracer513

Posted August 21, 2010 - 07:19 PM

The kits are different. Here's what the '08-'09 kit looks like:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The new ring nut replaces the OEM nut, then the frame bracket bolts under the tank like your current one does, centered perfectly by the bearing.

Scotts worked on this for quite a while trying to get the frame bracket to clamp onto the new frame and stay put. This was what they finally came up with. Golden, if you ask me.

• HONDA NO MORE

Posted August 21, 2010 - 09:40 PM

Well Gray once again you have the answer, not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks anyways. Looks I won't be running the stabilizer for a little while.

• Eric@ScottsPerformance

Posted August 23, 2010 - 10:10 AM

For 08 Yamaha lopped off 5mm from the top of the frame around the steering stem area so no, your older bracket will not work. The above pictures are indeed the new bracket. The new bracket sells for $115.00 and will install like this:
http://www.scottsonl...litrack/214.pdf

Thanks-
Eric

• g_man80

Posted September 05, 2010 - 08:28 PM

For 08 Yamaha lopped off 5mm from the top of the frame around the steering stem area so no, your older bracket will not work. The above pictures are indeed the new bracket. The new bracket sells for $115.00 and will install like this:
http://www.scottsonl...litrack/214.pdf

Thanks-
Eric

Does this only apply to the '08 450? I have an '08 yz250f and was hoping the kit would be the same. Based on your website the '08 250f has instructions for 7365 and the '08 450 says 4760.

• g_man80

Posted September 05, 2010 - 08:40 PM

Upon further research, it looks like I'll need a different tower. I think the 250f changed in 2010 to the design discussed here. I believe I'll need FBD-7365 instead of FBD-4760.

Eric, does Scotts have an exchange policy? Maybe BRP does.

Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted September 05, 2010 - 09:53 PM

You'll get a quicker response by contacting them directly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • g_man80

Posted September 06, 2010 - 07:06 AM

You'll get a quicker response by contacting them directly.

Thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow after the holiday.

• Eric@ScottsPerformance

Posted September 07, 2010 - 09:44 AM

Gman---- I got lost on your question.. what are you trying to fit exactly?

• g_man80

Posted September 07, 2010 - 05:17 PM

Gman---- I got lost on your question.. what are you trying to fit exactly?

Sorry about that. I got a little carried away.

My question was: Will the '08-'09 yz450f kit (post) fit a '08 yz250f? After doing some research it looks like it won't fit. Then my question became, can I exchange my '08 yz450f kit/post for one that will fit my '08 yz250f. It is new in original packaging.

Thanks,
Garrett

• Eric@ScottsPerformance

Posted September 08, 2010 - 09:48 AM

If you have new, unmarked and unmounted parts I have no problems exchanging them. Send ALL your new parts back to me with a note as to what you need to change it out for and I can make it happen. Make sure you give me the year, model and what triple clamp is on the bike in the note with your name, phone number and address.
Thanks-
Eric

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2010 - 09:52 AM

If your triple clamp offers multiple positions for the handlebar (even the stock '06 can be set in two positions by rotating the mounts), Eric will need the info regarding where you run your bars, too.

• g_man80

Posted September 08, 2010 - 07:25 PM

Eric, thanks so much for offering to exchange my parts. That's really great customer support. I'll package them up and send them over with all the info (including the handlebar mount location).

Thanks a million,
Garrett

• g_man80

Posted September 15, 2010 - 01:22 PM

Bumping this up to give Eric a huge THANK YOU for exchanging parts for me. Amazing turnaround time as well. Can't wait to get this thing mounted up.

Thanks again Eric!

Garrett

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.