426 shock linkage problem

9 replies to this topic
  • jecole360

Posted August 20, 2010 - 07:34 PM

I was riding my 02 yz426 today an it seemed fine until I took a break. When I got off the bike I noticed the rear suspension didn't rise back up. When I go to lift it or push down on it there is an aweful squeaking noise coming from the linkage area. So to replace the linkage bearings do I need to remove the rear wheel or can I get it off without removing anything?

• StoneRacer

Posted August 20, 2010 - 07:43 PM

I would take it completely apart and grease all the bearings.:bonk:

• jecole360

Posted August 21, 2010 - 07:59 AM

Can I do that without removing the real wheel or swing arm?

• StoneRacer

Posted August 21, 2010 - 04:38 PM

I think Ur going to see that its a lot easier if you take it completely apart. you can check the wheel bearings, swing arm bearings, and the linkage.

• Ryan426

Posted August 21, 2010 - 07:32 PM

Yep, no short cuts when comes to the rear linkage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jecole360

Posted August 21, 2010 - 08:23 PM

Well I got it all apart. I had to remove the subframe to get the shock out but it was no problem. I got the linkage off and to it apart to inspect the bearings and they were bone dry. I just ordered a kit from all balls and should be getting it in a few days. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Do any of you guys know what the torque specs are for the linkage or where I can find info on torque specs for a yz426?

• nathanpa01

Posted August 21, 2010 - 08:40 PM

The owners manual. Lots of useful information in that bound pack of paper

• jecole360

Posted August 25, 2010 - 04:49 PM

I dont have an owners manual yet.

• grayracer513

Posted August 25, 2010 - 05:37 PM

I dont have an owners manual yet.

Why not?

http://www.yamaha-mo...uals/index.aspx

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• nathanpa01

Posted August 26, 2010 - 09:09 AM

I was just about to tell you the manual is available for download, but I see greyracer is already one it. Download the manual, or buy a hard copy, it is very useful

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.