No one else will answer need a little info.

8 replies to this topic
  • sleekfreak

Posted February 08, 2001 - 06:20 AM

Sorry for posting a non-YZ question first off.

I cant seem to find and companies that sell a sprocket set for a TTR225. DO you people know if the TTR250 and the TTR225 share the same sprocket sizes. She has 15 tooth front and six gear trans. She never get's out of 4th at the local MX track I was wanting to drop the front down to a 14 tooth too make it pull harder.

• Odie

Posted February 08, 2001 - 06:57 AM

Keep in mind that changeing 1 tooth on the front sprocket is like changeing 3 on the rear. Therefore changeing the front makes a big difference - maybe too big of a change. IMO, you should experiment with the rear sprocket first.

• sleekfreak

Posted February 08, 2001 - 07:26 AM

I would be willing to try anyting but since I can't find a listing for any type of sprocket info for the 225 that's why I was wondering about the ttr250 specs.

• BigMike

Posted February 08, 2001 - 08:34 AM

One on counter shaft is equal to 2 on the rear. Down 1 tooth on the front lowers gearing as would 2 up on rear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted February 08, 2001 - 09:07 AM

Originally posted by BigMike:
One on counter shaft is equal to 2 on the rear.

Maybe on your quad… :)

To find equivalent # of teeth do the math.

14/50 gearing, 1 tooth up front equals 3.6 teeth in back (50/14=3.6).

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 02-08-2001).]

• jj

Posted February 08, 2001 - 09:14 AM

Freak, you may have already tried this, but my local Yamaha dealer just ordered one. They're out there.

If all else fails I can put you in contact with my dealer.

Come to think, I'd bet that the sprocket is after market..

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

• sleekfreak

Posted February 08, 2001 - 09:38 AM

Believe it or not my dealer does not freaking know. That is why I am asking you guys. If you can give me the name of someone who know's what the hell the comparision is between the ttr250 and the ttr225 ( wifes bike) I am game buddy. I know renthal has a sprocket set for the TTR250 but they do not for the TTR225 which is what I need. If the sprockets are the same not a big deal.

• Odie

Posted February 08, 2001 - 10:14 PM

I just got back from my Yamie dealer (I had to pick up some goodies) - the parts guy took the time to cross reference everything and the TTR250's rear sprocket will not work on the TTR225. The only rear sprocket he can get for the 225 is the stock replacement. We looked up Renthal, Sunstar, AFAM, Moose and Talon - nothing. Plenty for the 250 though.
Hope this helps - probably not what you wanted to hear! :)

• sleekfreak

Posted February 08, 2001 - 10:51 PM

Odie, that is exactly what I was wondering thanks for the info guy I owe you one. Well at least I now know in order for more pull I need more power. I told her too get the 250 but she liked the 225 better.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.