426, what gearing ???

4 replies to this topic
  • lee-yzf426

Posted August 19, 2010 - 10:58 AM

hey guys, what is the standard gearing for the 426?
my riding consists of mountain riding, woods , and a few tracks once in a while when there open, so would you guys recommend me changing gearing or just stick to the standard gearing , if so what would you change to?

cheers

• grayracer513

Posted August 19, 2010 - 12:30 PM

Stock is 14/49.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ryan426

Posted August 19, 2010 - 07:08 PM

I run 15/49 on my 426. works great for me. I ride mainly single track in the desert.

• honyam83

Posted August 23, 2010 - 04:11 PM

I have 13/ 50 for tight technical stuff.

• thelastmac

Posted August 24, 2010 - 08:14 AM

Believe it or not, I haven't counted my teeth since I got it ! I mean the front ones. The problem surfaced when I did a real steep climb and the horizon started to be covered constantly by a Renthal yellow handle bar... to the point of droppin it and taking a bad fall on the right elbow. Since then I am doing searches about the sprockets :bonk:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.