Questions for YZF owners

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 08, 2001 - 05:42 AM

1.who makes a rubber mounted tripple clamp for the yzfs that places bar 10mm forward

2.How do fix the burp on a 99 400? you know,
the "ohhhhh ******" burp wright off trottle

3. will a honda brake system fit on my 400?

4. anyone tried a Maxxis surcross tire?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Scott_F

Posted February 08, 2001 - 08:26 AM

1. Applied. I have an extra rubber mounted clamp if you are interested.

3. Probably, but you could just replace the hose with a Honda style hose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 09, 2001 - 08:36 PM

I tried a Maxxis intermediate tire on my y2k WR400. Wore out VERY quickly. Real piece of SH**!

• Boit

Posted February 09, 2001 - 10:53 PM

The '99 was not known for a burp off idle. However, you might try to adjust your pilot fuel screw to rid this annoying habit. If you've tried different pilot jets and fuel screw combinations and still had no luck, I'd suggest that you look into a possible air leak at any of the 4 carb junctures. These 4 junctures consists of the initial manifold to cylinder head mating, followed by the manifold to carb juncture. Next would be the air boot adapter/carb junction, finally, by the air filter snout to the adapter junction. Often times, the clamps that secure these junctions are not up to snuff. Look into good quality worm gear type clamps that are narrow enough to fit into the circumferential napes. Harbor Freight has excellent clamps that fit great...and are cheap.

I chased a jetting problem until I found an air leak at the air box adapter. This goes to show how important carb setup is.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 02-10-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.