Red sticker update..It ain't good!

9 replies to this topic
  • Machster

Posted June 20, 2003 - 03:43 PM

Whilst riding at my local orv park, I was greeted by a sign that read:
Effective July 15th,2003 Red sticker and sound enforcement will be put into effect. My jaw hit the ground. I asked the nice middle aged lady who took my four bucks with a smile if this was really the case. "Indeed it is" she said, "if I were you, I would buy an old clunker and use the green sticker for your bike, cause we are not going to bother you if there is a green sticker on that pretty new bike of yours. Besides..I hate tree huggers!"(My kinda lady!)
So be forewarned..our time is slipping away.. :)

• YamaGeek

Posted June 20, 2003 - 04:21 PM

Its posts like these that make me glad I live in KY. Good riding and no hassles.

• ddialogue

Posted June 20, 2003 - 04:25 PM

Let's hope the crap they're forced to put with in California (:)) doesn't start happening in other states...or has it already begun?

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 20, 2003 - 04:34 PM

It always start in liberal California and spreads like a plague to every state. I hate the environmentalists logic. We have so little impact to the enviornment compared to everything else in our society that we dont even think about. :)

• tp3dxf

Posted June 20, 2003 - 11:21 PM

I always felt the 01WR426 would be a great dual sport. But because of the old Red Sticker laws it could never be. Alas the laws change and it finally is the bike that I knew it could be. I got a green sticker then plates. Now I feel I have the ultimate bike. At least here in Cal. If this Red Sticker hasn't reached you yet your lucky. I hope it never does. But It will. 2002 bikes or older that were red stickered in Cal now get a GREEN STICKER. Which means they can get a plate. We all know that your elected officers will follow our lame officers here in Cal. The red sticker disease could spread. Be prepared. If your able to get a plate for your bike get it KNOW! Before those elected A!!ho!@s follow our suit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted June 21, 2003 - 06:14 AM

I will have you know that the BRC helped in getting this passed in California.

If they helped in CA best guess is its coming to a theater near you

Good Work BRC :) :D :D

• yamahasocal450

Posted June 21, 2003 - 06:38 AM

trust me theyre probably not going to enforce it... why should the rangers restrict the amount of people coming intot he parks while at the same time that is restricting their personal income... and if your riding a brand new red stickered 4 stroke next to a green sticker 1986 Can Am 500cc 2 stroke.. how can the ranger give you a ticket and feel good about it.. thats how the rangers are where i ride thank god, and its not like the treehuggers are going to drive around in their little hybrid cars to each riding site to inspect the rangers... also if they do enforce it where you ride then who would they want to give a ticket to.... an easy riding trail rider lugging the bike in 3rd kicking up no roost or a guy with the bike pinned in 5th gear kicking up dust clouds for a mile and with rocks flying everywhere... lets just hope the the greenies come to their senses (if they have any) and just cancel out the whole thing , because i did read somehwere that the amount of ohv'ers were greater than they had expected :) :D

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 24, 2003 - 05:03 PM

trust me theyre probably not going to enforce it... why should the rangers restrict the amount of people coming intot he parks while at the same time that is restricting their personal income... and if your riding a brand new red stickered 4 stroke next to a green sticker 1986 Can Am 500cc 2 stroke.. how can the ranger give you a ticket and feel good about it.. thats how the rangers are where i ride thank god, and its not like the treehuggers are going to drive around in their little hybrid cars to each riding site to inspect the rangers... also if they do enforce it where you ride then who would they want to give a ticket to.... an easy riding trail rider lugging the bike in 3rd kicking up no roost or a guy with the bike pinned in 5th gear kicking up dust clouds for a mile and with rocks flying everywhere... lets just hope the the greenies come to their senses (if they have any) and just cancel out the whole thing , because i did read somehwere that the amount of ohv'ers were greater than they had expected :) :D

Danny, my man, I like your name. So, I'm going to give it to you easy.
The enviro geeks aren't going to cancel anything. Not because there are more of us. Not because they feel bad about writing tickets. Not because we ride four strokes and all are cleaner-burning than any two stroke ever built. And certainly not because their job is to maximize financial revenues to the ticketing agency. It's not their job.
Nope. These regulations are here to stay. And at least half the rangers in California are quite overzealous about testing and checking and poking for anything they can find. But treat them nice. Because the other half are good guys who don't necessarily agree with the mumbo jumbo. They just have to enforce it for the most part.
The average ranger WILL enforce the red sticker restrictions to the letter. They will typically give you a Db or two on the noise if you look like you are trying to comply. They will overrev your bike during the noise test, so familiarize yourself with the proper test rpm for your bike on the CARB website. And bring your checkbook if you don't feel like complying. Or expect to drive back home without even getting your knobs dusty.
Dan

• Gadsen

Posted June 24, 2003 - 08:09 PM

Its posts like these that make me glad I live in KY. Good riding and no hassles.

Yamageek, dont get caught :D , fight like they are in your back yard. Apathy is their freind. Dont think "they are not after me, so I wont fight", they are, just not now. You want to be a step ahead of them, fight them before they get to your state, because THEY WILL BE IN YOUR STATE, its just a matter of "when" :)

• santacruzr

Posted July 04, 2003 - 05:55 AM

e-mail the Air Resources Board and tell them how you feel. There is some kind of meeting July 25 to discuss the red sticker mess. Use ohrv03@listserv.arb.ca.gov and let them know the red sticker program does not make sense. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.