Softer Seat Foam??????

10 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 07, 2001 - 09:55 PM

Why does Yamaha insist on putting a log underneath of a blue seat cover and calling it a seat?
I have friend with a 97'yz250 and 99'yz250 and I had a 95'yz250.None of which were comfortable to ride for very long at all, and since I do 60-106 mile races it is almost mandatory for softer seat foam.
Any Suggestions?
Aftermarket?

PS
I am only 5'8" so the Tall Foam is out unless you guys know something I don't !!!!
Preferences?
Prices?
Where?
G4

------------------
ride BLUE

[This message has been edited by g4racing (edited 02-07-2001).]

• YZR426

Posted February 08, 2001 - 04:49 AM

Have you thought about wearing padded bicycle shorts under your nylons?
If that suggestion dosen't sound any good check out this site and see if anybody closer could do the memory foam they talk about?
http://www.higradeupholstery.com/
That's my $0.02

• yzf

Posted February 08, 2001 - 02:14 PM

you yhink the 426 seat foam is hard? i guess you have never ridden a 97 cr250 (two of my friends have cr's) it makes the yamaha seat look like a pillow

• tuningfork

Posted February 08, 2001 - 06:11 PM

Hi,Factory effex makes a softer than stock seat foam part#02-0634 from chaparral.I just ordered it because a friend has it and its great!Also in the new dirt rider there is an ad from a bicycle seat company LBG or somethign that offers a whole softer and grippier seat.Check that out too.

• mikeolichney

Posted February 09, 2001 - 01:45 PM

The company is SDG and they are selling the seats for $90. Pretty good, since you can spend $60 on a gripper seat cover. I ordered mine from BTO sports and it is supposed to be here next week.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 09, 2001 - 01:51 PM

Is it $90 for the entire seat cover, foam, and seat base - or just the cover and foam?

Paul in AZ

• MikeOK

Posted February 10, 2001 - 05:37 AM

I asked the same questions when I got mine last June. It does improve after you break it in a little but I also wear the road biker padded seat shorts as someone else suggested, these help alot. I also put a new gripper seat cover on mine and it is a definate improvement over those slippery stock cover. Looks cool too...

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 10, 2001 - 11:26 AM

STAND UP MORE!!!!!!!I too do long races(Ironmanned Nevada 2000 and won...brag, sorry) I admit my azz is sore after but if its bothering you at all during the race you are surely sitting way too much and hurting your speed to boot.

• MXOldtimer

Posted February 10, 2001 - 01:13 PM

Dirts right about the standing. I came from KTM's and the YZ's feel like a lazy boy compared to the KTM's

• motoman393

Posted February 10, 2001 - 04:52 PM

I also hate the YZ's hard seat...is there any way to make it softer without buying new seat foam? I was thinking about using a palm sander to sand about 1/4" off and replacing it with a layer of softer foam. have any of yall tried something like this or am I just crazy? Thanks for your input!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• mikeolichney

Posted February 10, 2001 - 09:13 PM

Originally posted by Paul in AZ:
Is it $90 for the entire seat cover, foam, and seat base - or just the cover and foam?

Paul in AZ

yes everything

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.