2010 YZ450F Black Frame????

9 replies to this topic
  • APlusAutoParts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 04:03 AM

I went to unadilla this past Saturday. By the Yamaha trailer not far from James Stewarts bike was the best looking 2010 yz450 i have ever seen. My goal is to copy it for next year. It was not raced at all, it was just on display. My question is the frame was black, and it was not powder coated, it looked more like a spray on bed liner on a pick up truck. Does anyone know about this either where i can buy one or if i can have mine done? As i still don't understand how to post a picture on this sight if anyone wants to see it send an e-mail i will send you a pic. Jr@APlusUsedAutoParts.net

• DPW

Posted August 17, 2010 - 04:20 AM

Posted Image

• APlusAutoParts

Posted August 17, 2010 - 04:31 AM

thats the bike, i want that frame

• 95s10nj

Posted August 17, 2010 - 04:50 AM

if it wasnt powdercoated then it would more then likely be hard anodized...

• YamaLink

Posted August 17, 2010 - 05:47 AM

Looks anodized to me.....but powder coating would probably stand up to the rigors of a moto better. Does powder coating weigh more and is it thicker in general? Anodizing would get rubbed off. Powder coating could shatter if a rock hit it.

I dunno. Any powdercoat or ano expert here?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 95s10nj

Posted August 17, 2010 - 06:22 AM

A riding buddy has is rmz frame powder coated and it rubbed off everywhere his boot made contact with the frame...probably could be avoided by adding grip tape or frame guards...

• cowboyona426

Posted August 17, 2010 - 06:57 AM

Powdercoat will add weight, anodizing shouldn't. I would think the ano would be slightly more durable than powdercoat but can't say for certain.

• usp4u

Posted August 17, 2010 - 11:53 AM

Looks like black "krinkle" powdercoat. I had it on the swingarm and lower a-arms on my last race quad, it held up great but was a pain to get clean.

• Steel Panther

Posted August 17, 2010 - 02:59 PM

Thats the bike yamaha is giving away in a contest, idthat guy won it lucky bastard! Its a replica of the bike js7 rode in one of the supercross races this year.

Edited by Steel Panther, August 17, 2010 - 09:20 PM.

• 95s10nj

Posted August 18, 2010 - 04:53 AM

Thats the bike yamaha is giving away in a contest, idthat guy won it lucky bastard! Its a replica of the bike js7 rode in one of the supercross races this year.

The picture above shows the new owner of the bike. Apparently he lives somewhat close to Unadilla so the bike was delivered to him there...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.