2007 yz450 good woods bike?

5 replies to this topic
  • asfasasu3

Posted August 16, 2010 - 12:56 PM

i just bought a 2007 yz450f. i used to ride a yz125 and only rode moto, ever since i got my thumper all i do is woods ride. is it a good woods bike? any suggestions for a good setup or mods?

• cowboyona426

Posted August 16, 2010 - 01:01 PM

Radiator cages, good skid plate, handguards, GYT-R heavy flywheel, lower gearing, and a spark arrestor.

• yz_for_me

Posted August 16, 2010 - 04:09 PM

I've got an '07 and ride it almost exclusively in the woods. With a few mods it makes a great woods bike. The only thing I'd add that cowboy didn't mention would be a bigger tank and a high pressure rad cap. Oh, and you might want to soften the suspenders a bit too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted August 17, 2010 - 06:56 AM

I've got an '07 and ride it almost exclusively in the woods. With a few mods it makes a great woods bike. The only thing I'd add that cowboy didn't mention would be a bigger tank and a high pressure rad cap. Oh, and you might want to soften the suspenders a bit too.

Good call on the tank. Clarke, NOT IMS from my experience. I have the IMS 3.1 and it was a miserable pig to install.
I haven't had any boil over issues on my 06 yet. Now that I've said that I know what my next problem will be...

• WB450

Posted August 17, 2010 - 07:10 AM

This is what I've done to my 07 for woods.

IMS 3.1, Devol skid plate, heavy GYTR flywheel, Rekluse Z-Start Pro, hand guards, Zip Ty rad braces, 50t rear sprocket, PMB end cap.

Seems to work good.

• jrny426

Posted August 17, 2010 - 07:55 AM

Radiator cages, good skid plate, handguards, GYT-R heavy flywheel, lower gearing, and a spark arrestor.

i just bought a 2007 yz450f. i used to ride a yz125 and only rode moto, ever since i got my thumper all i do is woods ride. is it a good woods bike? any suggestions for a good setup or mods?

Rad guards aswell as braces I'm always folding my left half back on trees or when I dump it on that side,a Clarke or other Over size is a good idea all good suggestions even if you do these things over a period of time this stuff can add up

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On Yesterday, 06:20 PM

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.