Bleeding and bleeding and still no rear brakes.

3 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted August 16, 2010 - 05:03 AM

So I popped on my new braided hose and all was well. Untill I noticed on a ride Ive lost my rear brakes again. So I bled them (luckily I had an 8 wrench on me) and they worked(sort of) As soon as I switched off the bike, they vanished again.

So I decided to rebleed the system again. Hell Ive even reverse bled it, still nothing. I even removed the piston and cleaned it up, but it just does not want to move.

Any ideas? :banana:

• William1

Posted August 16, 2010 - 05:34 AM

If you bled them and they worked and then later, they went soft again either you have a fluid leak, a stick caliper or a bad seal in the master cylinder.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stev0

Posted August 16, 2010 - 05:36 AM

I'm thinking it could well be a seal. Ive taken out the caliper. I think ill do the master cylinder now.

• redhurricane

Posted August 16, 2010 - 10:21 AM

I had my master go bad, and was sucking air into the line. Cheap kit to replace the piston/seal, and been great ever since.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.