IMS tank/radiator shroud problem

4 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted August 15, 2010 - 10:55 PM

I've got a 3.1g IMS tank and YZ shrouds on my 08WR450. I've had it on for a while, but one thing that bothers me about the fitting is that I had to flex the radiators back a bit to get the bottom bolt to line up with the lower radiator shroud hole. Had to flex them back about a quarter of an inch. There's still some flex left if they had to move back any further - such as in a crash, but it still worries me.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Will this risk radiator life? Am I better off getting a file/knife and making the shroud hole bigger?

• WR_Dave

Posted August 16, 2010 - 04:47 AM

I just used a couple of longer bolts and put a spacer between the radiator bolt clip and the shrouds. You may have to slightly bend the hole mount area back a bit for alignment purposes, I wouldn't be flexing the rads too much if I didn't have too. Just make sure you have a washer on both sides of the plastic around the bottom bolt hole on the shroud. :banana: WR Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawi380

Posted August 16, 2010 - 05:14 AM

Mine were like that too for a little while, after a few hard crashes everything seems to fit just fine...

• WB450

Posted August 16, 2010 - 09:22 AM

I just used a couple of longer bolts and put a spacer between the radiator bolt clip and the shrouds. You may have to slightly bend the hole mount area back a bit for alignment purposes, I wouldn't be flexing the rads too much if I didn't have too. Just make sure you have a washer on both sides of the plastic around the bottom bolt hole on the shroud. :banana: WR Dave

+1:thumbsup:

• Strattos

Posted August 16, 2010 - 12:27 PM

Thanks guys. Might have another crack at mounting them. Cheers.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.