header pipe repair

6 replies to this topic
  • strtdsmallproject

Posted August 13, 2010 - 06:55 PM

a couple of weeks ago i dented my fmf bomb header pipe. last weekend i crushed it real good. in the process i broke my arm and have plenty of time to fix the pipe. has anyone used http://www.piperepair.com/

• bg10459

Posted August 16, 2010 - 01:19 PM

Just fill it with water and freeze it (the pipe, not your arm :banana:). Might take a few tries, but it should work.

• sacfelix

Posted August 16, 2010 - 01:38 PM

If you do freeze it keep an eye on it or else it will split the side open. I found out the hard way.LOL!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted August 17, 2010 - 06:15 AM

gonna try that on mine also.. put a little dent in it, then next weekend i broke my ankle, so i also have some extra time also... mine is about the size of a quarter so we will see...

• Vegemite_luva

Posted August 17, 2010 - 10:14 AM

Freezing works but yes you will need to try several times so be patient.

• WR450FGreg

Posted February 01, 2011 - 10:35 AM

If anyone is ever after an OEM header they are on fleaBay often and usually go very cheaply.

• strtdsmallproject

Posted February 01, 2011 - 06:48 PM

I saw the post up again and needed to add that the on line pipe repair place did a great job. Im now runnin a moose fiber guard and havent had a single dent or problem this hare scramble season. I did cook the resin from the guard warming the bike before a race. I would have to recomend the guard though, just not shiney anymore.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.