Baja reg/rec help

4 replies to this topic
  • darky82

Posted August 12, 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hey does any one know if the bajadesign dc reg/rec regulates both the ac and the dc side...:banana:

• William1

Posted August 13, 2010 - 08:23 AM

The BD rect/reg takes all the power input, rectifies it to DC and regulates it. It does not output both AC and DC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kawidad

Posted August 15, 2010 - 08:17 AM

Along these lines.

I have a 99 WR400 and when I bought it the PO gave me the BD reg/rec. The instructions say it is for a WR450 and the stators are very different from one another. However, the plugs line up and would seem to work. But, would it? Also, could I use it without clipping the yellow wire and floating the ground?

• William1

Posted August 15, 2010 - 09:56 AM

Kawi., I suggest starting your own thread. If answers to your question are posted here, it may confuse the OP. I will say, the BD rec/reg are designed for a floating ground system.

• Kawidad

Posted August 15, 2010 - 10:08 AM

Fair enough. I just didn't want to clog things up with another thread that was on the same topic.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.