XR75

7 replies to this topic
  • Shawbridge Husky

Posted February 06, 2001 - 02:14 PM

Just a thought but when I had my CT70 in the mid seventies I used to think the XR75 was the trickest bike out there. The kids that had them would rule in the sand pits! I guess that was my first taste/want for a 4 stroke MX'er. Been off bikes for 20 years, ( Junior 125 rider early 80's ). Now ride '99YZ400 with 420 kit, E-series pipe. Just thought I'd share! :)

------------------
Skier

• mike_dean

Posted February 06, 2001 - 02:21 PM

Hugh, I raced thru the 70's and 80's, and just bought a 00 426, and a ttr125l for my son, enjoy it more than ever. I also x-country ski and mtn bike. have fun, mike.

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted February 06, 2001 - 02:32 PM

That's pretty cool Mike! Do you ever ski the Birkebeiner? I think it's out your way in Wisconsin or something. I was too busy at work to prepare for skiing this fall but will do a 20K classic fun race later this month. Take care!

• mike_dean

Posted February 06, 2001 - 03:22 PM

Hugh, I have skied the birkie 13 times, also done the fat tire fest. Love to xc ski, and this winter has been great. have you done the birkie?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moto-Mike

Posted February 07, 2001 - 02:42 PM

I always wanted an XR75 as a kid and they were the machine to beat in the mini classes when they first came out (73-74). My TS50 just left a little to be desired as a race machine. I did pick one up about a year and a half ago some 25+ years after it was made. Still happy to have it in my collection!

------------------
2000 Yamaha WR400F
1988 Honda NT650 Hawk
1977 Suzuki RM250B
1974 Honda XR75K1

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted February 09, 2001 - 11:00 AM

Mike, I'm green with envy! We've also had a great early season for skiing here but had a large contract in my shop which was time consuming. Kind of bummed for not having skied much, been out about 4 times skate, none classic yet. Things have leveled off recently so will get some training in over the weekend for my 20k later this month. My one skate technique is still pretty dialed in but don't have the motor this year to sustain it. I've never done the Birkie but am planning on doing Kenisikada ( Ottawa ) next year. Some buddies of mine will be doing the world masters in Val Cartier I believe. Take care, good skiing.

Moto Mike, after the CT70 rode a TM75 for a while, then a new at the time 1978 YZ-80 which was one of my faforite bikes. Got to go, am at work! Take care guys!

[This message has been edited by Hugh LePage (edited 02-09-2001).]

• forloop

Posted February 11, 2001 - 06:09 AM

Riding is a lot like life.

When we start we need to get use to our surounding take thing slow and controled. XR75

Then we reach our teens. With bursts of uncontroled energy. 125 & 250 MXer's

Then we mature. Now we are wize we have more power over our life and are controlled. YZ/WR426

Life acording to me. :)

------------------
Rick
01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

• mike_dean

Posted February 11, 2001 - 09:16 AM

Forloop, very good comparison from my 47 yr old perspective. mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.