• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 19, 2003 - 01:40 PM

* 1999 WR400
* Full MX Tech Suspension, front & back
* RTT Stabilizer with 1/2" and 1" bar risers
* Pro Tapers w/ Serfas spider grips
* Pro Moto Billet Side Stand
* IMS Tank/YZ Seat
* CRD Hi-boy Header and Absolute Power II Can (96db)
* CRD Frame guards and skid plate
* CRD hi-flo filter
* ASV clutch lever w/ quick adjust perch & integrated decomp
* Power Now
* Acerbis Front Plate, but stock WR light included
* Enduro Engineering handguards
* TrailTech Enduro Computer
* Dunlop 756 (front good, rear - summer tire)
* EXTREMELY minor celebrity's bike :D (might be a deduct!)
* Not perfect, but solid for a 99 and well maintained...

Not many hours these days... Too much time working on TT!! :) Thanks for your help!

Bryan :D

• YAMAKAZE

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:06 PM

In perfectly clean condition you should be able to get $4,200 for it on the open market. $3,500 for it as a trade in.

Bonzai :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:17 PM

I don't know about $4200 maybe in Ca.I paid $4000 for my 01yz426 and it also had quite a few xtras.You do have alot of stuff for the bike though.I would guess you'll get around 3k for it.

I've seen 02's sell for 4k locally.

Good Luck :)

• Jason_Moffitt

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:23 PM

...you should be able to get $4,200 for it on the open market...

What are you kidding me :)... for a 99 WR400? No offense Bryan, but I had a VERY clean 02 WR426 with similar components and quite a few extras listed for weeks at $4900 and received several TT member comments that that was too much. I finally sold it locally for $4500... :D

Keep the RTT and off it for $3500.

Yamakaze where were you when I was trying to sell my bike...? :D

• Sylvain

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:42 PM

Please check your pm

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:49 PM

...you should be able to get $4,200 for it on the open market...

What are you kidding me :)... for a 99 WR400? No offense Bryan, but I had a VERY clean 02 WR426 with similar components and quite a few extras listed for weeks at $4900 and received several TT member comments that that was too much. I finally sold it locally for $4500... :D

Keep the RTT and off it for $3500.

Yamakaze where were you when I was trying to sell my bike...? :D

Why would I be offended? That is why I opened the topic publicly. I know that it's not worth big bucks... Once she's gone I'll have to decide what's next... Yamah... No.. Maybe CRF4... No... KT... Crap! I'm buying one of each! :D

Thanks for the feedback fellas... :D

• MOmilkman

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:58 PM

Once she's gone I'll have to decide what's next... Yamah... No.. Maybe CRF4... No... KT... Crap! I'm buying one of each! :)

We have to keep the TT owner in blue! It wouldnt be right to have you in any other color! Stay on this side, we need you over here bro. :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:58 PM

Bryan What ever ya get DON'T GET A CANANODALE

I here they are having money problems :)

3500 tops in Comifornia

set it up on ebay with a 4 k reserve

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 19, 2003 - 04:07 PM

Man, Steve almost had me talked into a couple of them! Of course we would have gotten a great deal, but I'm glad we didn't go that route...

What about a CRF450 with Blue plastic? :) :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 19, 2003 - 04:22 PM

As long as it goes Thump-DeThump-Thump Who Cares :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted June 19, 2003 - 04:33 PM

I'm a woods rider at heart, but I'm living in so cal where riding the track is more convenient... Admittedly I'm thinking about the CR450F. I think it better suits my riding style and needs than than the YZ. Funny, I was talking with Steve the other day and we both agreed that we are not brand loyal. You're exactly right EGO, if it thumps, I'll ride it! All the bikes are great choices these days, so its not like choosing between good and bad, only great and awesome, depending upon your needs. Time will tell when ends up in the garage... :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 19, 2003 - 05:03 PM

Have you looked at the KTM 450

I rode DP400's bike and man that 6 sped was way nice, did not even feel like the bike was going as fast as it was. One sweeeeet ride that KTM was.

• jchantzWR400F

Posted June 20, 2003 - 04:31 AM

Well, for what is worth, I bought my 99WR (see mods below) for $3200 in Indiana about 3 months ago. It had less than 500 miles on it, and the exhaust, frame guards, and skid plate were already on it.

• simon@vic

Posted June 20, 2003 - 04:43 AM

i will give you $4000 canadain for it. girlfriend needs a bike.

• SMD

Posted June 20, 2003 - 04:51 AM

Bryan take 3300.00 and run. :)

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 20, 2003 - 04:53 AM

Please check your pm

Mmmm. Don't see anything from you... email me at feedback@thumpertalk.com....

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 20, 2003 - 04:56 AM

Bryan take 3300.00 and run. :D

At some point I'll just keep her and turn it into a Motard machine if its just not worth anything... The RTT stabilizer and MX suspension work retail for over a grand combined... Two bikes are better than one, eh? :)

• Machster

Posted June 20, 2003 - 05:01 AM

Bry,
What were you thinking is fair for it??

:)

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 20, 2003 - 06:06 AM

Here is what KBB says its worth
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $2355
The trade-in value represents what you might expect to receive from a dealer for this consumer-owned unit

Suggested Retail Value $3455
Suggested Retail represents the price a dealership might ask for this make and model.

Open market says www.cycletrader.com
1999 YAMAHA WR 400 F, WR 400 F Azonic fat bars, Acerbic hand guards, new N style graphics, UNI filter, White Brothers exhaust and jetting, Good tires Only about 700 miles on this bike, it is too fast for me, Im looking for a 250F. $3,850.00 O.B.O.

&

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 20, 2003 - 06:42 AM

Bry,
What were you thinking is fair for it??

:)

Because of the suspension work (completely custom by John Curea of MX tech) and RTT, I have to believe I can get the high 3's... But, it's only worth what someone will pay, right?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.