08 wr 450 starter motor

2 replies to this topic
  • DODSY

Posted August 12, 2010 - 08:26 AM

i lads, im hoping some one will read this thread and help me out, ive got a wr 450 on a 08 reg, alloy frame and my battery went dead, ive charged the battery and put back on the bike but when im going to fire it up by the elec start,its just clicking, wey one click, ive wd" the wireing incase it got wet ect and ive chased all the wires down to the starter but no wires caroded or broke ect,ive also put some jumpleads of my other bike and still no good so no its not the battery, im hoping someone has had this problem and can help me out, ive had te bike a year now and i can honestly say its the best thing ive ridden, i use it for greenlaning and it performes pefect for the job !!!
hope yous can help, cheers john :eek::ride:;):ride::banana::thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted August 12, 2010 - 11:09 AM

my starter got smoked on the overhaul . I got a new one because I was tired of waiting for my bike . Anyhow I since have pulled the old one apart . mine just needs a new set of brushes . I bet the same it wrong with yours . yamaha sell them for like 12 bucks get a set and try it.

• DODSY

Posted August 15, 2010 - 03:04 AM

my starter got smoked on the overhaul . I got a new one because I was tired of waiting for my bike . Anyhow I since have pulled the old one apart . mine just needs a new set of brushes . I bet the same it wrong with yours . yamaha sell them for like 12 bucks get a set and try it.

cheers for that mate, do u have a phone number for the place u bought yours from, bearing in mind im in newcastle, england, ill give them a shout before i pay 300 pound for a new one, just my bloody luck i tell ya !!! i just hope it is brushes, or its kick it till i find the cash !!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.