GYT-R factory parts

6 replies to this topic
  • YZR426

Posted February 05, 2001 - 10:55 PM

Has anybody used any of the engine pipes or mufflers from GYT-R?
Has anyone used anything else from them and how good was it?
I'm thinking of buying some things & would like to know your thoughts.

• Tom_Higdon

Posted February 06, 2001 - 05:30 AM

I just bought one of the adjustable top triple clamps for my 01'. Made a big improvment in the riding position, especially in the corners. Seems like a quality piece of work, even though it is a little pricey.

• Hick

Posted February 06, 2001 - 07:13 AM

I’ve got the thumb lever compression release and I really love it. I have no idea why five dollars worth of aluminum and ten dollars worth of machine work mandates an eighty dollar price tag though. I should get a thank you card for contributing so much to their bottom line.

I also had the CF frame guards. They fit great and lasted for a little while but IMO CF frame guards are a terrible idea regardless of mfg. They are too flimsy (I snapped the brake reservoir mount tab) and your boots rub the CF off, the material ends up on your boots. Next time I’ll just go drive down the highway and toss $$ out the window.

I don’t think Yamaha actually makes too much of this stuff. As far as I know the pipe is made by DSP, so the CF stuff may be as well. A few of the handguard pieces are obviously Cycra, some of the plastic is obviously Acerbis. Just make sure you shop the price around so you don’t feel like a dolt later on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZR426

Posted February 06, 2001 - 04:36 PM

Thanx Tom & Hick,
I should just forget the pretty parts and spend more time on the bike.

• Flying_Fynn

Posted February 06, 2001 - 05:10 PM

Does the adjustable triple clamp you purchased give you the option of running Pro-Taper bars?

• scottzx7rr

Posted February 07, 2001 - 03:38 AM

You buy the triple clamps minus the handlebar mounts. So you can buy standard bar or oversized bar mounts for the type of bars you want.

Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

• Tom_Higdon

Posted February 07, 2001 - 04:13 AM

Scott is correct, I just got the clamps with it for standard size bars. After riding it even more yesterday, I can only recommend it even more strongly. Not only does it help by getting your weight more forward in the corners, but it gives me more room to move around while in the air (Something I usually find myself in desperate need of at some point in my flight pattern!)

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.