Jardine screwed me, now I need a spark arrestor ASAP

5 replies to this topic
  • Handy Andy

Posted August 11, 2010 - 05:03 PM

Both of my bikes have pos Jardine RT 4 exhausts. I ordered a spark arrestor for each of them from jardine last Wed. morning 8/4 paid $24 for shipping and put a note in the order saying to please call me if it will not arrive by next Thursday 8/12 because I'm heading to Colorado on Friday 8/13 and need spark arrestors. Well today 8/11 rolls around and I call them to inquire where the hell they are since they didn't send me a tracking number or respond to my emails and they say "oh well we didn't have one of them in stock so we didn't ship the order" :banana:. So now I'm screwed. I can't figure out what to do other than make a spark arrestor for each of them which is slightly better than nothing. I can't seem to find any universal USFS approved ones. What to do.... Planning on riding at Rampart Range on Tuesday.

• mikenash

Posted August 11, 2010 - 08:04 PM

Both of my bikes have pos Jardine RT 4 exhausts. I ordered a spark arrestor for each of them from jardine last Wed. morning 8/4 paid $24 for shipping and put a note in the order saying to please call me if it will not arrive by next Thursday 8/12 because I'm heading to Colorado on Friday 8/13 and need spark arrestors. Well today 8/11 rolls around and I call them to inquire where the hell they are since they didn't send me a tracking number or respond to my emails and they say "oh well we didn't have one of them in stock so we didn't ship the order" :banana:. So now I'm screwed. I can't figure out what to do other than make a spark arrestor for each of them which is slightly better than nothing. I can't seem to find any universal USFS approved ones. What to do.... Planning on riding at Rampart Range on Tuesday.

Jardine didn't screw you. Just put your stock pipe on your done.:eek:

• Handy Andy

Posted August 11, 2010 - 08:18 PM

I don't have the stock exhaust. I would say they screwed me seeing as though they never shipped me the product I paid them for and did not contact me about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redhurricane

Posted August 12, 2010 - 09:35 AM

maybe you can buy one of the "sparky" bolt on arrestors?

http://images.dragsp...866c840ed00.jpg

Might be a weird fit on the end cap of the RT4, but if that's your only option versus riding in the forest without I'd do it.

I know that most of the snops out here have misc spark arrestors on the shelf so maybe you'll find something that works??

• Handy Andy

Posted August 12, 2010 - 07:38 PM

maybe you can buy one of the "sparky" bolt on arrestors?

http://images.dragsp...866c840ed00.jpg

Might be a weird fit on the end cap of the RT4, but if that's your only option versus riding in the forest without I'd do it.

I know that most of the snops out here have misc spark arrestors on the shelf so maybe you'll find something that works??

Yeah I'm gonna head to some shop in Denver on Monday and see if I can find something cheap. Any suggestions where to go?

• redhurricane

Posted August 13, 2010 - 05:35 AM

Sun Honda, Coyote Motorsports (yammy dealer) Colorado Powersports, Fay Meyers, etc

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.