99 WR400F won't idle without choke, pops on decel

3 replies to this topic
  • dachrist

Posted August 11, 2010 - 02:53 PM

I have a 99 WR400 that has been super reliable since I bought it new. It does not get a lot of use, probably 200 km's each summer. Last year it ran great as always, starts on first kick when warm, first or second when cold. I always run the gas out of the carb every summer end, change oil, etc before putting it to bed for the winter. This summer, the bike starts fine but it will not idle unless the choke is pulled. When I push the choke in it will drop to idle, stumble and die. It runs great if I keep the revs up, but it now pops on decel (going down a hill especially). Not sure where I should start looking? Pilot jet?

• tweav

Posted August 11, 2010 - 04:33 PM

you've most likely got a dirty pilot jet. clean your carb

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • t-rev8

Posted August 11, 2010 - 05:36 PM

• HaloSix4

Posted August 11, 2010 - 07:18 PM

My 07 450 did the same thing, it was a dirty carb.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.