Do You Ocotillo?

14 replies to this topic
  • spodeboy

Posted February 05, 2001 - 09:44 PM

Who out here frequents Ocotillo Wells?
Thanks,
-- :)

------------------
In a race, lead or get out of the way. In life, go in the opposite direction of the masses.

• flyin_blue

Posted February 05, 2001 - 10:51 PM

Spodeboy,

I go out there quite a bit. Usually, friends and I head out there for any of the big holidays because Glamis is just too much on big weekends. Sometimes we'll just head out there for the day too, since I am only about an hour and a half from there. Really fun riding out there!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 07:43 AM

I also go out there, alot Although my last trip was ended short. My budy broke his nose try a new jump.I live a bout 2-2.5 hours away. I'm right by Disneyland.

• spodeboy

Posted February 06, 2001 - 02:46 PM

Cool... I live in Big Bear Lake. I try to get out there at least 5 times during the winter. Last weekend was cut short for me too. My bro-n-law who has been riding his entire life with out 1 injury, (yes he rides like my grandma) simply fell over at about 10 mph crushing both lower leg bones to pieces. 36 screws, 6 plates, 3 cadaver bone graphs, and lots of rehab. Poor dude.
Bummer.
Any way if you plan to go in the future, let me know. Maybe we can team up.
Later,
ANYONE ELSE GET OUT THERE?

------------------
In a race, lead or get out of the way. In life, go in the opposite direction of the masses.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 06, 2001 - 08:49 PM

That works for me. I will let you know when I go out next. This weekend I'm going out to Glammis. Maybe we canhook up some time to go riding for the day or something. I checked out your website Are you also into 4Wheeling. If so maybe we could also hook up for that, my budies and I where planing to go up to big bear to play on some of the back roads. Let me know. Also what are some of the other places you like to ride?

• spodeboy

Posted February 06, 2001 - 10:22 PM

That's funny, it just so happens that I'm going to Glamis this weekend too. I'm not sure where we're going to camp. But if you see a guy with #19 on the front number plate it's me, Or in a blue lifted samurai that says Gino's Tire & Wheel on the doors.
When you're ready to do some killer wheeling up here let me know. I can show you all the kind wheelin trails!

------------------

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 07, 2001 - 05:19 AM

Hey guys,

I'll be at Glamis this weekend too :)
Should get there late morning Friday, staying until Sunday. This will be my first time there.....can't wait. Not sure where I'm camping, but when I find out I'll let ya know and maybe we can hook-up ! Hopefully the weather will clear up by then.

CJF

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 07, 2001 - 05:04 PM

Hey guys I will be at Geckos road. I drive I white lifted jeep wrangler with a gray hard top. There should be a green and black toyota tacoma with me and a couple of other vehecials. I don't have any numbers on my bike yet But on the back window of my jeep I have a Big Belly Crew sticker.

• Flying_Fynn

Posted February 07, 2001 - 05:16 PM

Spodeboy,

Sorry to hear about the misfortune of your Brother-in-Law. Hope he recovers quickly and has the mind to get on his bike and roost again. It's hard to comprehend how he broke the lower bones in his legs (I think they're the Fibula and Tibia) while going only 10 miles an hour. What happened? Did the bike fall on him or what? Sounds like he wasn't attempting any Seth Enslow maneuvers.

• spodeboy

Posted February 07, 2001 - 11:44 PM

FLYINN FINN.
:) :D He was checking out a small 10 foot double that were really two small whoops.
He gassed it until he saw that he had to clear the second mound. He then chopped the throttle just as he left the dirt, which put him into the back of the second mound on his front wheel. The rear wheel came back down, but he was wobbleing from left to right until his right foot got caught in front of the peg just behind the lower calf, his toes were pointed backwards. Then the bike fell on that side, with the engine case crushing his bones to pieces.
SOUD & CJF
:D :)I will keep my eye out for the both of you guys. Just remember BLUE LIFTED SAMURAI. I'm not sure where I'll be either. But I'll be getting there tomorrow night. I just spent an hour chaining up my motorhome and 16 foot trailer cause it's dumping snow up here. See ya later!!!

------------------

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 08, 2001 - 06:20 AM

Hey,
I'll be staying in the Gecko campground in a friends 5th wheel trailer attached to a Red Ford Crew cab. I'll be driving a dark blue F-150 Flareside.....my YZ has no numbers on it.
Looking forward to meeting everyone out there !! Should be too fun :)

C-Ya,
CJF

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 09, 2001 - 09:36 AM

I ride at Ocotillo regularly seeing as how I live in Ramona and can get out there in a little over an hour. We should try and plan a trip out there sometime since it sounds like there are a lot of us that go out there. What tracks do you guys ride? Maybe a group meeting at a local track would be cool to. I've been riding Elsinore a lot lately.

------------------
When in doubt, GAS IT!

• flyin_blue

Posted February 09, 2001 - 11:07 AM

Sirhk, I used to live in Ramona when I was in high school - long time ago!! I used to live in the Country Estates and ride the trails out there to Julian and El Capitan all the time. Do you know if those trails are still accessible? I am supposed to meet a friend out in the Estates Sat. to do a little riding up there, if it's not a bust. Do you ever race at Barona Oaks?

Sunday, I am either going to Comp. Park, Elsinore, or to ride some killer trails and jumps that are in Temecula. If any of you guys are up for it, maybe we could meet somewhere.

Does anybody know any new news on the track that Marty Smith is supposed to open here in San Diego?

Dale

• holeshot

Posted February 09, 2001 - 11:21 AM

I try to get out to Glamis once a year, but I'm not up to riding this weekend.

I went Ocotillo in the beginning of June one year, but it was so hot that we had to quit riding by 9:30 AM. It's not a great summmer riding area, unless you want the place to yourself (almost).

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 09, 2001 - 11:42 AM

I live down Mussey Grade a little ways. I used to four wheel my fathers jeep out in the Estates. We used to take it down to Devils Punch Bowl instead of hiking all the way down into there to go cliff diving. I heard most of the trail heads are fenced off but I personally haven't been out there in awhile so I can't guarantee that. The only track I've been riding at lately is Elsinore. I've never been to Borona because I don't know what the practice schedule is. I want to go out and ride one day this weekend if the weather isn't bad but I'm not sure if I'll have a vehicle to tow my bike with. I usually take my father's Jeep but he's going 4wheeling with it this weekend. All of my friends have paddles on their bikes right now so I doubt I'll be able to get them to go. I've heard there are some awesome places to ride in Temecula but I don't personally know anyone that goes there. If you're looking for someone to go ride with this weekend let me know especially if you're going to cruise around the Estates cause I've never ridden out there. The only catch is I can't guarrantee that I'll have a ride since my Civic just won't pull a trailer. Email me at sirhk100@hotmail.com I'm always looking for peole to ride with cause my friends are too lazy to take their paddles off.
Khris

------------------
When in doubt, GAS IT!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.