98 WR400 wiring diagram needed help

7 replies to this topic
  • darky82

Posted August 11, 2010 - 02:38 AM

Hi need help finding a wiring diagram for my 98 WR400 as i am fitting a battery and ac to dc rectifier any help would be great:banana:

• Newfoundlander

Posted August 11, 2010 - 03:25 AM

Look for your yellow power wire after the rectifier this will be tied into your lights. Unhook your lights, install the rectifier here and hook the lights to the battery using the negative terminal on the battery this will convert the lights to dc. Look at the post attached for more information or drop me an email.
http://www.thumperta...=newfoundlander

• darky82

Posted August 11, 2010 - 11:04 PM

hey made a start unpicked wiring now i have no lights at all :banana: nothing been toutched

• Kawidad

Posted August 12, 2010 - 07:36 AM

I'm planning on doing the same thing with my 99, so I'll be watching with interest since I'm an electrical retard.

:banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • darky82

Posted August 12, 2010 - 04:52 PM

does not look like fun. its hard to try do this when your a novice at wiring in reg and rec seems simple enough till you try have a crack. still dont know if i can use the standard ac reg attached to lighting curcit and just add a ac to dc rectifier followed by a 12v 4.2AH lead acid battery. i have bought a ac to dc rectifier BR354 from jaycar au they say its rated at 35A and 200w.........

• Newfoundlander

Posted August 12, 2010 - 04:59 PM

Do you haveyour lights working now?

• darky82

Posted August 12, 2010 - 05:30 PM

no lights i have no availabile power to the lighting curcit dont know if its reg or stator what could cause this dont know how to check either have meter

• Newfoundlander

Posted August 12, 2010 - 05:41 PM

To test the regulator /rectifier unplug the wires going from it going to the lights and measure voltage across the yellow and black wire should be 13-14volts at 5000rpm as far as I can remember. To test the stator you need to have the bike shut off and test for resistance from the yellow wire coming from the stator to the regulator and measure this wire when disconnected from the regulator to ground. On my wr250f it is 0.224 to 0.336 ohms. This is a possibility but since you were looking at the wiring you may have a ground.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.