2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 04, 2001 - 07:28 AM

Is there a k&n filter for the 426 and if so has anybody tried it? I have seen a pretty good amount of chain stretch so im going to buy a o-ring or a x-ring so i would like some recomendation on the brand. also i have the works connection frame guards on order and was wondering if anybody here is using them.I've also went with the mobil 1 15w50 and it has been great no clutch slippage. also i have the 2001 426 and have had none of the problems with the plug fouling deal I did foul one plug but it was because i had brain fade and thought i was starting my old 2-smoke.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KasperMX

Posted February 04, 2001 - 08:46 AM

Im not sure if K&N makes a filter for the yamaha, but iI can tell you that its the same filter as the YZ,s 125&250. Ive always used a UnI filter with a spray on oil. I too use the 15W40 with good results. As far as the chain goes, Ive had good luck with a Regina o ring chain (Tuf Racing selles um pretty cheap), and have bad luck with RK chains.

just my opinion, Kev

• mike_dean

Posted February 04, 2001 - 01:59 PM

I have heard nothing but good things about the renthal o-ring and the tsubaki chains. The DID ert chain I used last was not much better than the stock. Good luck.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.