WR450 Throttle adjustment

14 replies to this topic
  • luksdad

Posted June 18, 2003 - 10:28 AM

I am getting a 03 WR 450 outta the box this weekend. How do I adjust the throttle to get the full travel.... it comes with about an inch of play. Dicks!

Also, howe about taking out the baffles...hard??

Dave P (Luksdad)

• Junior_Vet

Posted June 18, 2003 - 06:23 PM

Order the YZ throttle stop and replace it. Take the seat off and you'll see the baffle stuffed in beside the battery. Remove the battery first, then the baffle.

• luksdad

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:48 AM

Thank man!

Gotcha... so just get the YZ throttle. There is no adjustment to open the stock one up??

Is it worth gettin an aftermarket pipe? I mean 400 bucks versus taking the baffle out of the stock pipe? Any other ideas to get more performance out of this thumper?
I see postings for Jetting adjustment. That is totally new to me.

Dave P

• 450roost

Posted June 19, 2003 - 04:04 AM

luksdad: I think you will enjoy this link.
WR450F Info

Rick... :)

• luksdad

Posted June 19, 2003 - 03:56 PM

again...thanks!!

7 yr old has a xr50 (he likes red)

8 yr old has a TTR-90

• luksdad

Posted June 19, 2003 - 04:32 PM

Rick...thanks man!

so where can I look for soem of the stuf you have on ur Thumper? I mean....i want the radiator gurad.. the chain inprover... etc.

• 450roost

Posted July 16, 2003 - 03:31 AM

Radiator guards Devol
Chain guard etc. BRP

:)

Rick...thanks man!

so where can I look for soem of the stuf you have on ur Thumper? I mean....i want the radiator gurad.. the chain inprover... etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • IceBox

Posted July 16, 2003 - 04:53 AM

Here is a plug for Flatlands Radiator Guards, all welded (vs. bolted) and just a tad thicker than Devols.

www.flatlandracing.com

There is a lot of discussion on radiator guards and combinations of guards, all the pros and cons have been discussed. I have been very pleased with my Flatlands. A search in WR forum in the last year should yield some good results.

• luksdad

Posted July 19, 2003 - 03:06 PM

• AkRider

Posted July 19, 2003 - 09:11 PM

Do all the free mods and then order the JD jet kit. It well be the best 65 bucks you can spend on your bike. :)

• luksdad

Posted July 23, 2003 - 06:47 AM

Can you list the free modes that you know of so I can see I have them all?

Also..what'sthe website for the JD jets and :) are they hard to do? Any secrets??

Thanks again

• luksdad

Posted August 03, 2003 - 02:46 PM

Hey Rick! I got the JD jets. I live in VA where it is really humid and low elevation. What do you recommend ? the Blue on the 4th clip and which jets? Also, how hard is it? I looked at the directions and it seems pretty easy.

Also, how do you remove the airbox boot? Is it the plastic piece behind the battery? It seems like the clamp for the battery holds it on. Thanks for the help.

I have the YZ stop. can you give me and idea of how to put it in. remove seat and battery...then what? I take it it's on the top back of the carb?

This thing runs like a raped ape!!

• luksdad

Posted August 03, 2003 - 02:56 PM

I got the JD's.... how hard is it? what do i look out for? it seems you leave all the lines attached and pull the carb off the to the left side?

where is the trottle stop to replace??

This thing is friggin great

Dave P :)

• ill_caper

Posted August 03, 2003 - 05:10 PM

WHat pilot jet does the W come stock with? Does it need to be changed?

• luksdad

Posted August 04, 2003 - 11:08 AM

don't know yet..goin to wait the 6 months until the warrranty runs out

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.