Does WR426F have the same intake and exhaust cams as the YZ426F

2 replies to this topic
  • wrkaholic

Posted June 18, 2003 - 07:55 AM

Guys, quick question.

Does my '02 WR426F have the same intake and exhaust cams as the YX426F? I just did the YZ timing change and I am wondering if the exhaust cam is the same as the YZ.
So, in conclusion, with the grey wire cut and YZ timing the only difference between the YZ motor is the heavier fly wheel, right?? Thanks for any feedback.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted June 18, 2003 - 08:24 AM

Guys, quick question.

Does my '02 WR426F have the same intake and exhaust cams as the YX426F? I just did the YZ timing change and I am wondering if the exhaust cam is the same as the YZ.
So, in conclusion, with the grey wire cut and YZ timing the only difference between the YZ motor is the heavier fly wheel, right?? Thanks for any feedback.

Well, the intake cams are identical, and by all reports the exhaust cam is also, but the gear is pressed on in such a way as the timing is exactly one tooth different.

Provided you uncork/unstop/uncover and have YZ jetting then yes, you have a YZ motor w/ a flywheel weight in your WR.

• Chaindrive

Posted June 18, 2003 - 10:13 AM

... and wide-ratio tranny. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.