Anti scratch computer screen

6 replies to this topic
  • sodbustercb

Posted June 18, 2003 - 05:15 AM

Have you ever wondered how to prevent that speadometer from getting scratched? :) Heres how :thinking:get some clear vinyl sheets and cut out a peace to cover your screen then stick it on and your computer screen won't scratch.

• MOmilkman

Posted June 18, 2003 - 05:46 AM

Or a piece of clear packing tape. :)

• ddialogue

Posted June 18, 2003 - 05:51 AM

I use Scotch brand clear packing tape on my panoram computer and Garmin gps. The screens get dusty while riding and I was afraid that wiping the dust off would scratch the displays. Now I can wipe the dust off and the only thing getting scratched is the tape. I put a fresh piece on for every ride and take it off when finished. This brand of packing tape doesn't leave a residue behind when you peel it off. I tried a different kind previously and it left a residue but it wasn't anything that Goo Gone couldn't remove. I resorted to this method because there simply wasn't anything else available out there that works as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted June 18, 2003 - 05:52 AM

Or a piece of clear packing tape. :)

Dang MoMilkman...you're fast!

• sodbustercb

Posted June 18, 2003 - 09:58 AM

I use vinyl because it comes of easier and is thicker :) <font color="orange">

• ddialogue

Posted June 18, 2003 - 10:17 AM

I use vinyl because it comes of easier and is thicker :) <font color="orange">

I'd be interested in trying some. Who makes it and where do you buy it?

• sodbustercb

Posted June 18, 2003 - 12:55 PM

factory consepts makes some and I got mine from dennis kirk.
its about 4 times thicker that packing tape :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.