Help! 03-04 wr450 tank difference to 05 wr450

2 replies to this topic
  • phynx

Posted August 05, 2010 - 06:34 PM

Does anybody know how off the 05 tank is on a an 03; if I use my 03 shrouds?? I am set to go on a two ride in costa rica tuesday, and I just found out my 03 tank is all cracked. I tried epoxy's, plastic welding it and no go. I ordered a used 05 last week (all I could find, but will it fit?)
Please help.:banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted August 05, 2010 - 07:23 PM

It will fit but you will need 03 - 05 YZ or '05 - '06 WR shrouds. You will also need an 05/06 WR seat or you can mod the seat pan on a 03 - 05 YZ seat. I don't think the 03/04 WR seat will fit. As I recall the distance from the rear bolts to the tank post is different.

• phynx

Posted August 05, 2010 - 07:26 PM

Horrible for me!:banana: Thank you.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.