Jetting Changes for hi comp piston?

5 replies to this topic
  • Snapper

Posted August 04, 2010 - 07:48 PM

i have a hi comp piston installed - other than winding out the air/fuel screw 1/4 to 1/2 has anyone made any jetting changes?

('05wr450 - JE 13.5)

cheers.

• proarm

Posted August 04, 2010 - 07:54 PM

Hi,
Every bike is different so a better idea is to use a wideband sensor to jet your carb.
I've got a cp piston 13:1 and I'm going to install it at the end of the month. I'll send you my changes then.

• tribalbc

Posted August 05, 2010 - 06:14 AM

If anything it will like it a hair leaner. Trying turning the fuel screw in a bit, maybe go down one on the main.
I have a 13.5-1 JE on my 07.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted August 05, 2010 - 07:59 AM

If your bike was jetted correctly before and the only modifcation is the piston and the displacement is the same. leave the jetting alone until you ride it and break it in. Then you can decide what if any changes need to be made.

• William1

Posted August 05, 2010 - 10:19 AM

If your bike was jetted correctly before and the only modifcation is the piston and the displacement is the same. leave the jetting alone until you ride it and break it in. Then you can decide what if any changes need to be made.

+2 on this

• Snapper

Posted August 05, 2010 - 02:59 PM

If anything it will like it a hair leaner. Trying turning the fuel screw in a bit, maybe go down one on the main.
I have a 13.5-1 JE on my 07.

thanks for that.

assuming it is run in i'm looking for peoples thoughts on what will need to be done.:banana:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.